The Diesel Garage banner

Cleaning AFE air filter

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kartelan02 
#1 ·
What cleaning solution do I need to use when cleaning this filter. It is a dry flow filter.

#2 ·
You can but the AFE cleaning kits.. Cone or flat, I use Simply Green and water..
Vacuum or shake it out first. Spray on or mix up a bucket...Rinse real good, Shake it out and let air dry...I bought 2 so I always have one on while cleaning the other..Takes awhile to dry..I'm sure others have their own perferred techniques but this has worked for me..5 years and still going..

#3 ·
I would check with AFE to see what they recommend for a dry flow. I don't know if the cleaning methods for a dry flow are similar to the oiled types.

#4 ·
Just an update for ya. Called around and found on a few on some sites you can buy them from....

To clean a dirty Pro Dry S filter lightly tap it on the ground or vacuum with a standard house or shop vacuum. A vacuumed Pro Dry S filter will return to 95% of its original performance and airflow characteristics. For a full cleaning the filter may be washed with soap and water to return it to near-new condition and 100% airflow capacity. Costly solvents and cleaning kits are not required to clean our new Pro Dry S filters.

Hope this helps you out....:thumbsup

#5 ·
Have you tried steam cleaning? I've found myself a good Fortador Pro steam cleaner with which I can perform any cleaning tasks, including quickly cleaning the air filter for customers. The main thing is to choose the right tool, if for example you want to see information on popular Optima steam cleaners, then see the blog post Do not buy the Optima steamer before reading this and so on for each firm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.