The Diesel Garage banner

Quick LP question

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  acesneights1 
#1 ·
I tried doing a search but didn't feel like sorting threw the loads of information. Should my stock LP run when i turn the key to the on position? Because it doesn't, it takes maybe a full second to bring fuel to the LP when first started. It scares me. I have a 2000 QCSB Auto, only mod is Edge Juice, exhaust and BHAF, thanks for your guys info a head of time.

#2 ·
Pump should run in the on position when you first do it, and run with the truck running. IIRC, it will run for 20 seconds or so, then shut off if you don't start the truck.

With the Juice, it is time for an upgraded lift pump anyhow. Stock pump won't cut it.

#3 ·
yeah I know i have an Air Dog I need to put on. What could be causing it to not run when the ignition is turned on? If I bump the starter it will run and bring the FP up to like 15. Could it be a relay or something?

#4 ·
Possibly. It is ECM controlled, so maybe it isn't being triggered by it. The AD pump won't be controlled by the ECM, so it is running when the key is in the run/start mode.

Reactions: CuMMinsSmoke86
#5 ·
I think dodge did some updates to the truck at some point because mine in my 01 and 99 don't turn on with key on, you have to bump the starter and it runs. I believe they do this so you don't have too much pressure at start up. Even with my fass on each truck it doesn't run when I turn key to on position.

#6 ·
That is correct. You need to bump the key. The airdog does not eliminate the ecm. It is still controlled by the ecm via soleniod. In other words the AD is wired directly to the battery but the sol is activated by the existing wiring that controlled the stock LP. INstalling AD's is something I have unfortunatley had alot of experience in. I have a thread on do's and don'ts(Done by POS Lee's Auto Ranch). Lot of good info .

#7 ·
this is correct the truck is wired to have like a 1 second pump when the key is turned on which doesnt do anything, you have to bump the starter then it will pump for like 20-30 seconds, mine maybe messed up cause it holds no pressure after the pump shuts off and the truck isnt running

#8 ·
They don't hold pressure. Mine doesn't either and I'm running a Raptor.

#11 ·
Didn't see a need for the extra filtration. Stock filter in my stock apllication IMHO is more than sufficient. Personal preference. Plus wifey wouldn't let me spend that much. They just don't understand...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.