The Diesel Garage banner

Live wire mounting

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DZL HOG 
#1 ·
I am trying to find a better place to mount my livewire in my 04 right now I have it in the window under the o-chit handle and I was told by a cop frinde of mine that I could get a ticket for obstruction of veiw any ideas pics wold be great thanks

#2 ·
yeah I was wondering the same thing. Do they make a mount that sticks to plastic for the livewire?

#4 ·
cops will give ya a ticket for almost anything. A buddy of mine got a ticket for the same thing, but he had pillar gauges. Cop told him that the gauges were obstructing his view. Now how the hell can a cop tell a person if that obstructs a persons view without even sitting in the seat and seeing it for himself. If that's the case...my rearview mirror obstructs my view and so does my NY registration sticker that is suppose to be stuck to the bottom left hand corner of the windshield. Sometimes cops are just out to get their quota for tickets i think and will just write up BS ones.

#5 ·
The mount will suction cup to anything thats smooth like glass. Worst thing is the Livewire is so heavy the suction cup gives up after a while. I had mine stuck to the windshield b/t my rear view and state inspection sticker and county sticker. Never had any probs, most cops round here will just tell ya to take it down. But yeah they can right a ticket for anything.
The mount finally turned loose one day going down the road, throwing the Livewire in the floor. I threw it in the console and thats where its been since, the gauge part was useless on mine, then it got hard to read, I tried updating the firmware and now it wont even try to do the gauge stuff. O well I got the Commander for gauges. Livewire is for tunes, and I rarely change them.

#6 ·
The mount will suction cup to anything thats smooth like glass. Worst thing is the Livewire is so heavy the suction cup gives up after a while. I had mine stuck to the windshield b/t my rear view and state inspection sticker and county sticker. Never had any probs, most cops round here will just tell ya to take it down. But yeah they can right a ticket for anything.
The mount finally turned loose one day going down the road, throwing the Livewire in the floor. I threw it in the console and thats where its been since, the gauge part was useless on mine, then it got hard to read, I tried updating the firmware and now it wont even try to do the gauge stuff. O well I got the Commander for gauges. Livewire is for tunes, and I rarely change them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.