The Diesel Garage banner

Today's the big day

5K views 72 replies 25 participants last post by  kind 
#1 ·
As I type this my truck is on a lift getting the lowering kit installed. I'm so excited. The front was fairly strait forward but the rear takes cutting and mounting new spring hangers. I told them I need the truck tonight so it should be done later and I'll get some pics up. I'm pretty sure my 24's will rub when I hit a big bump like my old truck did so I might put 450 or even 550 springs up front. I'll cut them done to length but we'll see tonight:thumbsup

I'll be ordering my caltracs later today as well and probably gonna get rear brakes off a earlier model F250 so I can mount a 15" wheel for drag racing. Finally!!!

#3 ·
Well we ran into a bit of a problem with the rear. Nothing to serious. Unlike the kit I had on my '06 witch was a spring hanger kit this one on my '09 is a flip kit. Now my springs hit my tail pipe when at full extention. So I decided to put on a single black stack. Should look ok. I know it will be fun, I was trying to smoke out my sister in her 6.7 but it would blow it to the side of her truck and I was kinda wishing I had a stack so the smoke would be right in her face lol. I guess I get I get what I ask for lol. I hope the stack looks good on a lowered truck, I'm thinking it will.

#6 · (Edited)
Sweet man can't wait to see the finished product.

#13 ·
Im not a fan of dropped trucks but thats just sick!

#14 ·
That looks awesome brother!!

#16 ·
that thing looks bad *** dropped like that and blacked out! Nice work

#20 ·
When I had my 06 I never got pulled over until I tinted the windows. I would love to but I don't need to attract attention from the police. Lets just say it goes down like this.......... Sir, I'm pulling you over for your tint....... but now I smell marijuana so can you please step out of your truck, you are under arrest. If I lived in BC I would, they just take my weed and say have a nice day. In Alberta they cuff me, strip search my truck and make me sign a promise to appear. The first month I had my widows tinted I got arrested 3 time, all because they saw the tint first.

No, I won't stop smoking:mafia1: It helps with my herniated disc in my back and it helps me sleep. I don't believe in presciptions or pills in general. I haven't taken a pain pill in 5 years(as long as I've been smoking). God made weed, man mad pills. Who would you trust more? I'll take the all natural alternative and suffer without the tint..... Sorry boys. There is a link in my sig if you are about to say something negative, go there first:)

#22 ·
i've never tried the stuff. If some of my friends didnt act like they have smoked their brains away i'd probably try it ut i don't wana turn into a babbling idiot. haha

#23 ·
Lookin good bro! If I had enough money I would get a used 2008 reg cab long bed and lower it to the ground, black it all out, and pretty much turn it into a racing truck...

#26 ·
Thanks man:thumbsup

I think Matt and I had the same brain wave cuz I was looking for a reg cab 4x4 and use if specificly for draging but there is only one in my side of Canada and it was silver. I really don't like silver. I also have '64 F100 I want to drop a 6.4 in and not make it streetable, strait up 1/4 miler. Fiberglass front clip and box, narrowed rear end, pushed back motor, roll cage and one seat ect, ect............ That's gonna be put on the back burner for awhile though.

I think I have my rear brake issue figured so I can run a smaller rim and my caltracs will be here next week:happymugs So I'm back making this one a drag/street truck. I think a properly set up 2 wheel drive will be faster then a 4x4 at equal weights. But we won't know for sure until I get some tires.

#27 ·
Truck looks really nice but if it were mine i'd loose the side steps.

#31 ·
Looking good,nice stance...
I wanna see how the stack looks on a lowered truck. :popcorn

#33 ·
Thanks guys.

Here is the stack and running boards removed. The chrome 4" stack is only temporary, I have a black 6" on the way but it's like 3 weeks away.

Damn is it ever loud with the rear window open:thumbsup I love it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.