The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored today so i decided to load in Nicks 475rwhp race tune, just to see what it was like

0-60 in less than 7 seconds with a lot of wheel spin:peelout I kinda doubt im gona leave it on this tune, but MAN!!! its sure a nice tune!!

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
:goodvsevil

How did the transmission feel during the run?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:goodvsevil

How did the transmission feel during the run?
actually it shifted pretty crisp, i thought for sure that it would bang and carry on but it did quite well

this is a quick video of the smoke that the 475 puts out, pretty clean for 175hp increase to the rear wheels:peelout

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
and you want to buy new again tires eh. :bash :happymugs

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought i would try it again in 4x4 this time...... 5.5 second 0-60, but its scary, Ive tuned it back to the 365 with turbine brake... it feels much nicer, more refined, this 475tune is a monster :peelout

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Nice... Lets see a vid of the 365 with EB script on...

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
Awesome!! Wish some Dmax boys down here would get with the program and make some big power like this. Kind of make me want a Dmax

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nice... Lets see a vid of the 365 with EB script on...
I will see what i can do Neel, maybe tomorrow morning i will take a few vids, its amazing how well it works, especially when you manually gear it down, dont even need brakes sometimes:thumbsup

I really like the big tune, i just wish i had the cash to put into the trans and to get a FASS so i could use that tune to its full potential, Im pretty sure that i was draining the rails pretty hard on those runs, i guess i should have had the EFI scan tool on so i could log to see what rail pressures were... durh!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here you go Neel, 0-60 and 60-0 with the 365 and turbine script in T/H mode

Heres one where I use the manual mode to slow it down with the Turbine script, you can see how well it works

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was getting 22mpg Highway running the GF back and forth to the city about 300miles, which it better than the 17 i would have got on the stock tune.... i dont think it affects mileage at all, I dont even notice it when its not in T/H

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
475 tune and stock tranny? :roflol: i hope you're saving for a new trans.

Garrett
No worries, trucks back on the 365 tune, I dont plan on putting it back on the 475, even tho it didn't slip or limp it, im not gona chance it:knight

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
That looks like a fun tune. My Edge does 482 at the wheels on 5. I guess I should have taken some vids like this. Did you try a 4hi boost launch? I was worried I would snap a tie rod like my LLY did but the LMM held together a bit better.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
475 tune and stock tranny? :roflol: i hope you're saving for a new trans.

Garrett
You can do it a few times with a 6 speed. Trust me. It will limp well before it goes.

Even my old 5 speed LLY limped first. It only did it once. Right after I replaced the broken tie rod.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was a pretty fun tune, and it made the truck really touchy I believe because of how well the boost tables and the fueling tables work together, it made lots of boost and you can really hear it in the exhaust, it just screams when you punch it, it made around 35-38psi of boost WOT(or at least thats what the EFI scantool recorded)

Naw I never tried a boosted 4x4 launch, I just didnt want to chance it, I've got the sleeves sitting here, but I dont plan to get them on until the spring

My trans didnt feel bad at all, it still feels pretty good, I dont think i did much if any damage to it, i have a pretty aggressive driving style, I reset the TAPS when i first loaded the 365 tune and the TCM has adapted to that and I feel it was better able to cope with the increase in HP

Nate my fuel economy is about 18mpg hand calculated, the DIC is usually off, I just use it for instant mileage, or when I go on long trips, even when messing around with it like this the mileage is still pretty good now that Im not stock tuned anymore

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
You can do it a few times with a 6 speed. Trust me. It will limp well before it goes.

Even my old 5 speed LLY limped first. It only did it once. Right after I replaced the broken tie rod.
yeah, i know. wont last too long running like that. ive been in duramaxes that have gone into limp a bunch of times. first time i was in one was back in 05 and it got limped a few times within a months period. then slowed down the driving habit and it lasted until just last spring with lotsa towing.

Garrett

1 - 19 of 19 Posts