The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not to familiar with the 7.3's (i'm a dodge guy myself) but i'm looking to up some more power to dads 2001 7.3( already has superchips maxmicro), he likes it with just tuner but i would like to add more power(and i know he will like it when i'm done) and reliabilty without affecting the current gas miliege of about 21mpg. he also pulls a toy toter travel tralier loaded with fourwheelers and dirt bikes on the weekend, and he also dirves cross country a lot so it needs to reliable on the highway. Any help would be greatly apperciated. also feel free to add any advice i should know about his truck, its an 01 crewcab dually 4x4

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Does he already have gauges? The 6 position chips offered by different vendors will be noticably stronger than the maxmicro. We carry TS performance and have had good luck w/ their products, and a lot of happy customers. I would think that the supporting mods like a 4" MBRP exhaust and AFE stage I or II would be next if he doesn't have them already. How many miles on the truck? Is it an auto or manual?

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no guages, auto, 160,000 miles, the truck is all stock except for the superchips set on tow

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
If you want to go into the trans a torque convertor and a valve body will help get the power to the ground and make it fell stronger. I think some gauges and exhaust would be a good place to start, and at some point swap out the maxmicro for a chip.

Dave

·
Super limo owner
1,122 Posts
guages, mybe a new chip DP , exhaust, intake and if that aint enough you could always do more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts