The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to add an intake and exhasut to my dads '01 7.3 for chritmas and need some opinions. i'm thinking of going with the afe stage 1 intake, but am unsure about exahust. he has the superchips max micro tuner which he loves and he really doesn't want to change anything but i think he needs a 4 in. exhast and intake atleast to help it breath a little eaiser. but what would be the best setup for a quiet stainless steal exhast. i don't know to much about the powerstrokes so any help and additonl info would be a lot of help Thanks!

·
1,291 Posts
magnaflow for the exhaust and the afe is fine but if helikes his quiet you may want to look at the AIS system.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
look in the jeegs catalog. They have good exhaust and good prices. im working on doing the same to my dads truck too. im starting to think that a custiom intake is the way to go because it is cheaper and you can customize it to your preferences. for hints on the custom intake thing, look at my thread -- custom intake--

·
33 Posts
I run a Mark Romreill 5" exhaust (under $400) and a AFE Stage II. Real happy with it. Take a look on eBay under seller name markoidaho he sells them cheap. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
311 Posts
DalmationDodge,

If you want to get a real quality exhaust get the MBRP or AFE systems, they are available in singles or duals, aluminized and stainless starting at 299.00! As far as intakes the Stage I is good, but if you want a really strong performance upgarde get the Stage II, by far flows much more, keeps the hot under hood air out unlike the home brew intakes and has the largest filter (gets you the largest square inches of media) available in an aftermarket system. We stock them all and just did a year end discounted buy on the Stage II that we are passing the discount on to the customers etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
coreystroke02
171 Posts
Dalmation Dodge

I have an 02' F-250 with the 7.3. I have the AFE stage 2 intake, banks six-gun stacked with their Bank's Big Hoss chip, 4" Bank's exhaust, and a larger wastegate that Bank's has. The Afe really woke my truck up. The throtle reponse was much more crisp, and the way the intake sounds is AWESOME! The afe is pretty loud, but in a very good way. People always look whenever I let off the throttle and that "swoosh" sound just makes them take a double take. I say you should try to get your dad the Afe stage 2 intake and either a Bank's turbo-back exhaust or the Magnaflow. The Magnaflow is a very nice, mellow yet authoritive sounding exhaust. You can't go wrong with either one. Good luck!

·
6,337 Posts
If you want Quiet, the AIS intake with the fender mod, and the Magnaflow is about the best "quiet" system I would do. Give Jeremy a call at LIPD, he can set you up with something...

·
Registered
225 Posts
The AFE stage II on my 01 works really well. Now I can tell what needs to be done next.(HPOP)

·
459 Posts
I have the AFE Stage 2 and an MBRP exhaust and love both! The MBRP has a great throaty sound under throttle and at idle sounds stock. I have a buddy with the Magnaflow and it is similar, but the MBRP has more of a flutter sound than the Magnaflow, all good products. Good with the AFE Stage 2

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where is the best place to order the Stage 2 AFE intake?

Which exhaust is better for the money (MBRP or MagnaFlow)?
Where is the best place to order the exhaust?

Is the exhaust all bolt on? Will I need to cut or weld anything? (2001, 7.3 F350 quad cab, short bed)

Where can I order gauges and pod for a good price?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newb. :pointlaugh

·
6,337 Posts
BigN8 said:
Where is the best place to order the Stage 2 AFE intake?

Which exhaust is better for the money (MBRP or MagnaFlow)?
Where is the best place to order the exhaust?

Is the exhaust all bolt on? Will I need to cut or weld anything? (2001, 7.3 F350 quad cab, short bed)

Where can I order gauges and pod for a good price?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newb. :pointlaugh
Call Elite Diesel, tell them I told you to call, ask for robbert. AFE Stage two without the proguard, MBRP aluminized or Dimond eye for the exhaust. You dont need SS.

Exhaust should be a bolt on deal, a sawzall helps with the install and it should take all of 1.5 hours for a newbe.

·
Registered
63 Posts
HawaiianPSD said:
I run a Mark Romreill 5" exhaust (under $400) and a AFE Stage II. Real happy with it. Take a look on eBay under seller name markoidaho he sells them cheap. Hope this helps.

How does the 5" straight pipe sound? Is it loud. I am running stock straight pipe now and I can't hear it unless the windows are down, then I love the sound.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
shopdiesel.com has really good prices. a 4 inch exhaust system is like $300 that is the cheapest i have found it and that what i am running:smoke .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts