The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be racing a guy at work that has a regular cab 6.0 4x4 this weekend it has exhaust and sct with a inovative race tune my truck is ext cab short bed with jammer 5s hot juice snow stage 3 bd turbo and a goerend trans last summer with a bad trans and no water/meth i ran a 13.9 think i can take him

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
you should be able to take but you also have more in upgrades done to your truck:happymugs

·
1911 single stack
215 Posts
Man depends on his tune and if he launches hard! A reg cab with a hot tune will get in the mid to lower 13s...if he has one of Innovatives race tunes...good luck with the race!

Jake

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
good luck , i bet it will be a good race , it always seems dodge launch a lil weak compared to a psd they rip hard off the line and sound all pissed off coming off the line lol

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know that the truck runs hard and it seems like the 24 valves take a lot of parts to go fast i shouldn't of wasted money on the jammer 5s and saved for some real injectors

·
Its Cute Aint it!!
684 Posts
Its gonna be close but reg cab psd with good tune. It should be sneaky quick do less weight but it would be close and honestly i think you will take him but if he had a tranny and spray he would take you!!!

·
793 Posts
depending on the tune and how well the guy knows how to run it could make or brake him. If he knows how to run it and it's got a strip/race tune he'd take you without spray or tranny. I know a CC long box with canopy that ran 14.1 with a street tune from Innovative either way it will be close for ya.

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he knows how to run the truck and we will both be launching in 4wd at first i thought i could take him no problem but the more i read the closer the race gets he is running a innovative race tune

·
1,189 Posts
your turbo gated? If you haven't done head studs yet you might want to get to that real quick like. I know what you mean about real injectors been there done that. I think you got him. Ohh yeah and put a fass or something better on that thing and keep the fuel flowing.

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turbo is gated at 40 and i have a holley billet 150 pump on now

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
powerstrokes launch hard but fall on their faces soon after that. A cummins has much more topend.

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 6.0s that i have ran seem to catch up topend the 24 valves dont pull as hard topend as a cr

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
the 6.0s that i have ran seem to catch up topend the 24 valves dont pull as hard topend as a cr
You should ride in a 5-600 hp 12v. There's the meaning of top end.:thumbsup

·
433 Posts
the sc 6.0 will prob get you, a cc 4x4 with just an ID tune will run 13.8-14.1 a single cab with good launch will run between 13.1-13.6

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we are racing saturday

·
CENTRAL IOWA #1
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i will post a video after we race i hope it will be a video of that ford choking on my smoke

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
not being biased at all...but if the 6.0 doesnt win i would be Very surprised....ive raced a few 2000-2001 cummins with more mods than you said and i havent gotten beat by any of em...and thats just with tune, intake, exhaust....really dont want none with the other mods....and if dan reads this dont talk smack...tia!

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
where you from?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts