The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time poster and first time 7.3 guy. I recently purchased a 01 international T444e that has 153k and does not have an hr meter so not sure on that but in the time of me buying this truck and having faith that you can put out some decent hp with the 7.3 with supporting mods. I have swapped the original 5 speed trans for a 6+1 for the over drive gear. I have a [email protected] cone filter on the inlet as well as a TS MP8 module, a wicked wheel 2 compressor wheel, fixed the kink in the down pipe and ran a true 3" piece turbo back to a 4" stack. It runs pretty good on it own but as soon as I hook up my 10,000lb trailer to it and put a 10k forklift on it, I am that guy doing 55mph in the right lane. My next thought was going with swamp diesels injectors and trying to find a decent priced 38r. Does anyone know if the 38r is a drop in? Oh, also have the pyro and boost gauge coming in tmr. Any wisdom to get me up to atleast 65 loaded down would be awesome. Thanks

·
323 Posts
The truck itself adds a lot of weight to the equation.
The 7.3 is a solid, long lasting motor but not the power beast you're used to with the Cummings.
Sounds like your mods are in the right track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts