The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
a work in progress.......
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found an 01 dodge ram 2500 ext cab short bed 4wd with 270,000 mi on it(it was a company truck) body in fair cond. and interior in perfect condition and it needs a tranny quick question how much would you guys pay for sumtin like this? thanks

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
Definetly less than five... but i'd get a buyers inspection first.

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 grand cash they said it sounds like a decent deal

·
3,514 Posts
Yeah, I'd scoop that thing up for 3 grand. Its worth way more than that in the existing drive train if you parted it out. I sold a 10 year old 2wd 12v with a nearly dead trans for $8000. And I made sure the guy knew it needed a tranny too. I would say $3000 is a smoking deal if it runs well.
Sean

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
Hell Yeah! You could do all kinds of stuff to an extra cummins laying around! Port and polish heads, fire rings, studs, cam, stick a crank from a 6.7 in there, pistons, rods, you could do all kinds of cool **** with the motor out of the the truck. Good luck and keep us updated!

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wil do

·
43 Posts
sstockton said:
Yeah, I'd scoop that thing up for 3 grand. Its worth way more than that in the existing drive train if you parted it out. I sold a 10 year old 2wd 12v with a nearly dead trans for $8000. And I made sure the guy knew it needed a tranny too. I would say $3000 is a smoking deal if it runs well.
Sean
Dang, I wish I knew your buyer. I sold a 10 y/o 2wd 12v that ran perfect other than the injection pump needed replaced, brand new tires too, for 4 grand just to get it out of my yard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts