The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have an 02 7.3 excursion that has been having a problem for a couple of weeks. it starts fine when cold and runs fine until you shut it off. let it sit for a couple of hours it fires right up and runs fine. was able to drive to and from work. only a 20 mile commute. until Thursday when it died at stop light when i started to hit the go pedal it just died and wouldn't restart until it sat for 2 hours, where it started right up and i drove it home. when it wont start it just cranks and cranks. battery's are in good shape and fully charged. recent oil change and new fuel pump. thanks in advance

·
13 Posts
Do you have a spare CPS (cam position sensor)? if you do then try swapping it. Also, check to make sure the nut has not fallen off the back of the IPR valve. This is located next to the HPOP.

·
13 Posts
Got any way to pull codes? CEL on? Sounds like it may be hpop on the way out. Need to check icp values while cranking.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
750 Posts
im sure you got it fixed by now but i would say (IPR) injection control regulator) Orings woild be the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts