The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 7.3 i ordered stage 2 injectors and head studs....i'm wondering if i should just send the studs back and maybe get FASS or Airdog to go with the injectors....can anyone help me please

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
If you plan on taking Your HP far enough to need headstuds your gonna need Forged rods also.

·
1,787 Posts
My thought would be keep the studs and set them to the side along with the injectors till you have HP and Torque goal in mind, then make the fuel system and other preps to supply your goal..:thumbsup.. Keep us updated and good luck..:happymugs

·
1,423 Posts
:stupid

·
1,423 Posts
Thanks man . when is barona?

·
Registered
274 Posts
i have a 02 7.3 i ordered stage 2 injectors and head studs....i'm wondering if i should just send the studs back and maybe get FASS or Airdog to go with the injectors....can anyone help me please
What other mods do you have and how far do you want to go? As stated earlier if you want longevity and HP / TQ you will need to think about some rods.

Stage 2's will have to be detuned (IMHO) to help your PMR's to stay inside the block. Who is your tuner?

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the injectors from swamp diesel performance, i also bought a chip from the that is custom tuned from them, i have 4inch exhaust with some 6 inch bull haulers ans a AFE stage 2 intake

·
Registered
274 Posts
IMHO with a stock turbo and no plans on upgrading it you don't need studs in a 7.3. If you plan on upgrading to a 38R or H2E I would go ahead and put the studs in.

Do you have a regulated return? If not that would be a great addition to what you are doing. Call Dennis at ITP for the return and tell him I sent you.

Do you have Gauges?

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ordered a return it should be here tomarow, and yes i have boost pyro and egt, im trying to decide on what i need to do first i wanna get some more speed out of it lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
Fill out your signature with the vitals on your truck so we can help make suggestions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts