The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help me out. Bought my truck in 05 with 50,000 miles on it and now has 150,000. Been a good truck until last year when it developed a surge or miss when driving at a constant speed mostly thru town. Usually starts around 35 mph and goes up to about 60 mph. If I step on pedal and speed up it quits. Does not do it all the time either. Took truck to mechanic that said engine was OK and thought something was going on with Transmission. Took it to a transmission shop and they said nothing showed up on there scanner and they thought it was in the engine. Then I took it to the Ford Dealer that was suppose to have a good mechanic. First told me I had bad fuel and should drive it awhile with additive they put in it. This was about a $300 charge. Still missed and took it back in 2 weeks. This time I was told that I still had bad fuel and that mechanic did a flow test on injectors and that I needed #1,3,4 and 8. They were not flowing 100%. I did get to talk to mechanic and he told me to get good fuel and just run it hard and it might clean out those injectors. Found water pump leak and oil leak also, charged me $900 more. Engine still missing/surging 2 months later. Was hauling hay and truck got hot. Blew out transmission fluid. Had transmission overhauled and also installed new radiator. Truck ran good and didnt miss anymore until this past week, and now it has started again missing, surging. Taking back to transmission shop this coming week but I'm pretty sure he's going to say that nothing shows up on scan. What should I do next??? Thanks

·
14 Posts
i had a similar issue on my 99.5 i have 355k miles on it now but i had surging issues from drop in fuel pressure was only 50 psi idle then WOT dropped to 40 or so and cruising would be at 45psi weak FPR spring and weak fuel pump which im suprised at 355k i still have all my stock original injectors. but did you find out what the issue was?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts