The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i get on it easy it will get 2,300 to 2,800 Psi but if i get on it hard it will drop to 1,600 Psi then when i let off quick it will spike to 3,500.
so Im getting ICP lower then expected and then Im getting ICP higher then excepted. the truck has a new IPR and a new ICP sensor. My guess is the pump is shot. it has 189K on the clock. what is your guess??

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if i get on it easy it will get 2,300 to 2,800 Psi but if i get on it hard it will drop to 1,600 Psi then when i let off quick it will spike to 3,500.
so Im getting ICP lower then expected and then Im getting ICP higher then excepted. the truck has a new IPR and a new ICP sensor. My guess is the pump is shot. it has 189K on the clock. what is your guess??
I had typo I ment HPOP. no one has any Idea?

·
282 Posts
Sounds like it. Mine just died at 162,000.

·
63 Posts
Is the IPR nut still securing the sensor to the shaft? I have found them missing, and the sensor slides up/down the IPR shaft on accel/decel...which gives me something else to look at on a buddy's truck I have been fighting, now that I type it. :madpoke Kinda like writing down something so you don't forget to check it I guess...:eek:wned

1 - 4 of 4 Posts