The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could chime in on this. I did a pressure test and found my discharge tube was leaking at the connector to the branch tubes. I took the tool and went to take it off and it won't come off! It moves out like 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch like it is coming off then nothing. It will not budge. I push it back and it feels like it clicks back in and then I do it again and same thing. Won't come off!! Could the o ring be broken and jamming up the mechanism?? Any suggestions on what to do???????? Please help its about to snow and it's my plow truck! Thanks

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tube that connects to the top of the hoop and runs to the branch tubes on the 03 6.0

·
3,051 Posts
Reactions: dbennett48

·
227 Posts
did you ever figure out what was wrong?

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help, I finially got the discharge tube off. The groove was filled with what looked like melted o ring or at least dried sludge. Wouldn't allow the spring clip to go inside the groove to release it. Basically i used the tool I made and a screw driver to further put pressure on the plastic ring and then pulled and wiggled with all my might... Took me about 10 attempts but finally it let go ( and slammed my hand into the block when it let go) but I got it and replaced it and the truck is a live again, thanks for the help. I have the tool definitions if anyone wants them. I found a forum where someone posted them but it was for the later stc fitting and so I demeled it out until it fit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts