The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sct xcal 3 from dj with his looney. My question is after i run my truck wide open for anything over about 10seconds when i let off and try to get back on throttle my truck feels is if i only have half throttle until i stop my truck and restart it (275hp appx on dyno.. tried it). The truck seems to miss a bit over 3,000rpms slightly. It only put down 407hp on the dyno and i figured it would put down more than that with intake and stacks. Im thinking my tune needs ajusting or something? Djs not in business anymore and i was wondering what i should do or what my problem seems to be? thanks, adam.:usflag

·
775 Posts
I have a sct xcal 3 from dj with his looney. My question is after i run my truck wide open for anything over about 10seconds when i let off and try to get back on throttle my truck feels is if i only have half throttle until i stop my truck and restart it (275hp appx on dyno.. tried it). The truck seems to miss a bit over 3,000rpms slightly. It only put down 407hp on the dyno and i figured it would put down more than that with intake and stacks. Im thinking my tune needs ajusting or something? Djs not in business anymore and i was wondering what i should do or what my problem seems to be? thanks, adam.:usflag
DJ is still around but only serving his previous customers. e-mail Mama Benz with your conserns.:thumbsup

·
Powerstroke Puller
167 Posts
Is that the only tune you have? Try it with a different tune or back to stock and see if it still does the same thing. That will tell you if its in the tuning or not.

·
Registered
352 Posts
is could be the turbo veins, but do you have upgraded injectors? upgraded fuel system? you could be running out of fuel on the high end and thats why you dyno'd lower than expected

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My turbo is working fine, the veins cycle up and down at an idle. Plus i have a boost pressure guage and its operating good. Stock it runs good and smooth. I will see if i can find vivs email, thanks!

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is could be the turbo veins, but do you have upgraded injectors? upgraded fuel system? you could be running out of fuel on the high end and thats why you dyno'd lower than expected
Stock fuel system, it still has a slight haze of black out the stacks on high rpm but it aint much, my dads looney definitly smokes more and his is an 05 with stock fuel system.

·
1,661 Posts
I had the same issue with all of my looney tunes from DJ,it would go into limp mode after being at wot,I was told it was a safety setting put in the tunes, If anybody can clairify on this please let me know, but that was what I was told, or if DJ can fix this I'll give them a call.

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems to be what mines doing. or if im wide open and dont let off around 110 it stops pulling and seems to go into limp. thats definitly not right, ive had this truck doing 137mph b4

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sent vivan an email about a week ago and havent gotten a reply, does she have a new eMail or something?

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Dj and vivin closed doors, then a month of so came back and said tuning only. seems like that is out again as well.. :shrugs

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well still no responce, anybody reccomend someone else? Im just looking for a hot, fast, smokey tune that runs smooth!

·
2,821 Posts
I use Eric at Innovative and have had great luck. Ask around a little and make then make your decision. Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts