The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to replace injectors on a 03 LB7 - already have a Banks tuner with the exh. temp probe - which brand to you suggest? looking for hp increase and mileage.

Banks 6 Gun with the optional Speed Loader

also looking for Allison upgrade suggestions for the same dually truck

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
The Bosch injectors should be able to handle the Banks, the stock injectors are rated for up to 500rwhp and I don't think the banks tunes past that. Trans upgrades, well a Gmax 5 pac from Suncoast with a 1053-1058 torque converter or a ATS kit. If you the kit you choose doesn't come with it don't forget to get a transgo shift kit and a transgo Jr kit as well.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the banks kit with stock injectors too much hp for a stock trans? Will the Transgo jr kit provide any additional protection to the stock trans? I do not want to put that much work into the truck.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Depends on what tune your running, anything over 100rwhp over stock is getting to the danger zone with a stock trans. the transgo and transgo Jr will help a bit, add and extra 50-75rwhp over stock.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Any Suggestion where to purchase the injectors from?
Merchant automotive, I would stick with stock injectors unless you plan on going with bigger air and extra fueling, I know of a few trucks that have made 550+ hp with stock injectors

The transgo jr kit will NOT help the 5-speed Allison, there are clutch applies in the FULL transgo kit that need to be installed to make the trans hold more power, and in order to install the full kit you need to pull the trans, and if you're going to do that you may as well rebuild it with a suncoast GMax5 kit to upgrade the clutches and steels:rock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts