The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My factory leaf springs are sagging, so I am in the market for replacements.

First, what exactly is the snow plow prep package for that year?

Second, are F-250 and 350 springs the same lenght eye to eye? Can they be interchanged?

Third, what in your experiences are the best replacements; I am only looking for a leaveling shock no large lifts. Please, keep in mind I will be hanging a plow over the front so soft shocks are not an option.

Thank you for all your opinions,
Ryan

·
diesel weenie
113 Posts
Hello,
My factory leaf springs are sagging, so I am in the market for replacements.

First, what exactly is the snow plow prep package for that year?

Second, are F-250 and 350 springs the same lenght eye to eye? Can they be interchanged?

Third, what in your experiences are the best replacements; I am only looking for a leaveling shock no large lifts. Please, keep in mind I will be hanging a plow over the front so soft shocks are not an option.

Thank you for all your opinions,
Ryan
The snow plow package was a set of springs and a bigger alternator.

Yes, they are the same length, the only difference is the spring rate. there were 5 rates available (that I remember) depending on your truck.

Levelling kit only, I'd go with a Icon spring drop kit. I am running the 4.5 inch spring drop kit with snow plow springs. it's higher than a levelling kit, but not too much.

·
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.
I am looking at the 4" spring system.
I do not see how I would run this system along with the airbags in rear.
Also, what length of shocks are needed with this system? What do you run?
Thanks,
Ryan

·
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know most of the time; if something looks too good to be true it probably is.
I see the cost savings.
I just don't know if the Rough Country is a progressive leaf pack? As i am not looking for a loss of ride quality.
Does anyone have experience with any of these systems / or similar?
Thanks,
Ryan

·
Needs more mod money !
57 Posts
That is what I am using on my Excursion.....it did stiffen the Ex quite a bit......but Excursions are very sloppy and soft. Mine was down on the bump stops......
Ex's are 2" lower than trucks so I got a 4" lift out of it ....added a 2" add a leaf with the 2.5" front F250 leveling springs and it was sitting level.....anything you add or change will stiffen your ride .....your springs are sagging and weak.....but that makes them ride great......why don't you just add the front airbag kit ??.....seems like that would solve your problems if you don't want to lift it and sacrifice ride....

Reactions: Diesel Duo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts