The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got a customers dt466 ive already done a turbo on it and now its back for codes 525 and another idm code. Im mew to this amd i wamt to be sure of the location of the IDM i checked all fuses and wire at the fuses and at the battery. They only come as inactice codes when i **** the truck off the truck runs but it will not go above 50 or shift into high gear. So where is the IDM and what else can i do to diagnose this issue

·
94 Posts
I believe the IDM on a 04 is bolted on top of the ECM. You need to pull the doghouse out and the starter.
The ECU/IDM comes out from underneath. I would check the clean power harness first. That is the harness
that connects to the batteries and supplies battery power to the ECM. The harness is notorious for rubbing through.
You can unplug it and pull the harness out.Is there a power distribution box under the hood near the steering column?
If there is it will have an IDM relay and fuses. Make sure all the connections in the power distribution box are clean and tight.
The contacts in the IDM relay could be worn out as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts