The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 F250 6.0l
168000 miles
Since I bought truck 12 months ago (113000miles were on it) oil/filter is changed every 4500 miles and the fuel filters are changed every 3rd oil change.

Serpentine belt and tensioner were replaced 5 months ago, that is the only issue ive had with truck to date.

Thursday CEL came on and I bought a scanguage pulled code p0676.

Friday truck started fine as always, drove about 130 miles and while exiting hwy truck died.

:Had truck towed, programmed scan guage and have these readings

key on:
ICP 0
IPR 10.0%
FMP 48.5 v
FLP 11.5v

Cranking
ICP 168
IPR 73.2%
FMP 48.0 v
FLP 11.0v

Oil guage climbs within a few seconds of cranking, pulled fuel filter cap and getting fuel.

from what Ive read on here im guessing STC fitting is the likely problem?

Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

·
149 Posts
more than likely the stc fitting on yours seperated. you have to pull the turbo to access it. some people have had luck replacing it without removing the intake but if you still have the stock EGR valve and cooler I would recommend getting a delete kit or a bullet proof diesel cooler and also replacing the oil cooler since you're there already for piece of mind.

may have a bad icp sensor. it's on the passenger valve cover you could try disconnecting the connector and see if the truck fires up.

Reactions: nolapoolguy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I tried the ICP disconnect still crank/no start. and was reading about the egr delete. since I will be in it already would it be a good idea to do the stand pipe and dummy plugs also? And with the reading i got would it be safe to say the IPR and ICP are good?

·
1,213 Posts
IPR values look funny. Should be 14.8 or so at KOEO and 84% cranking.

·
3,051 Posts
High IPR and low ICP = high pressure oil leak in your case, as your low pressure oil gauge is moving which is a good thing.

You can air test the system from the ICP sensor if you have the ability to close the IPR, but it's nearly guaranteed your going to go at the STC fitting first anyway.

I agree with everyone and everything thats been said already.

Harry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts