The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has been running great but today when I went to pull my gooseneck trailer 15k it would not pull it at all felt like I was dragging it by it axles and would not go over 60 Mph. EGT were high 1,100 ECT was 220 EOT was 210 fuel pressure 68. Not sure what is going on any ideas?

Reactions: wds13196

·
444 Posts
Turbo boot popped off? Well, if that happened you wouldn't make it to 60 mph.
Turbo vanes stuck? What boost are you making?
Maybe IPR/ICP?

·
1,213 Posts
Also, your temperature readings are off. Oil temperature will always be higher than coolant temperatures after the engine is fully warmed up.

·
3,051 Posts
Any excessive black smoke? If so, I would suspect a turbo issue, check your air filter first.

Harry

·
18 Posts
I'm sorry but I have to do this:grin2:...did you check to see if your foot was on the brake? ...I'm mentioning this cause I had a coworker that was always burning up brakes and I noticed his break lights seldom went off. I brought this to his attention and he became irate saying he would never do such a thing. Well it wasn't long after that incident before he received a ticket which i'm sure saved him a bundle in brake repairs over time

·
3,051 Posts
Brakes stuck on is a possibility, like from a faulty master cylinder, but I doubt he's riding the brakes.

Harry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts