The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my LBZ let me know she was tired tonight at 5:44 she passed on just under 33k

I thought I would be upset more but im not, was running good last night few 120+ runs best egts its ever ran went to the bank tonight and got on her a few times and hit it once more from a stop sing and puff like a pop and white smoke and sounded like a old 2 cylinder tractor no over heating had oil pressure drove on trail on own power just bad miss and motor shaken alittle and oil out the bypass and white blow bye out the oil fill tube, and exhaust pipe.guess I should just go back to stock lol hmmmm ok that lasted 1 sec in my head,p0303 p0306 p0300

Already started taking everything ontop off, I hope to have it pulled out by tommorrow night or tuesday night and see what is all bad,just changed the oild and fuel filter greesed and was going to have BigDipper change the trans fluid, LOL good thing he didnt take it I would of liked hearing tell me hmm Henry your **** broke lol.

100 1/4 mile passes lots of street racing, 5 sets of tires one trans now motor,and about 15 bottles, and pulled the sled twice.

I had a feeeling she was going to let go on me at the Smokin in the smokies and did not run her as hard as I could, I had noticed in the last few months that I have lost some of my et and 4 mph on runs and just had a bad feeling in my stomac.

06/02/08
been out and was hanging at 9:22 pm first pic at 5:12pm, Heads were off at and last pic at 11:44, im posting pics now in this same post theres alot lol.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pulled #6 cracked to the bushing and along top of wrist pin.baging everything and pics and lables all over everything, taking block to machine shop to have cleans and the crank and cam to get keyed, hope to have it back and running in a few weeks, if i can make up my mind on turbo setup and fuel setup

Also having driver side head checked on the #6 piston looks like one of the valve just made a mark in the oil on the piston top .also just looking over the heads to to be safe

6/3/08
about to go out and take more pics of the bores and the rest of pistons.Only thing that bugs me is that the pistons doent really show much of the star and alot of build up on them. other then the ones starting to burn.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
:thumbsup Wow, thats a lot of great pictures. I'm sorry if I over looked it in your post but did you ever determine the cause of failure?

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No one nows yet seems to happen when you get above 550 rwhp with the LBZ pistons,Mahle pistons were used in the 01-05 motors then they went to a over seas company have to look Guy Tripp said the name of the maker just have to look for it.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
WOW why would they ever think of switching from Mahle??? thats a silly move on GM's part...

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its all comes from the bean counters they go with whats cheaper.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
LOL well why did they use Mahle in the first place then.... man

Thanks GM for screwing your customers to save a buck :damnit

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL well why did they use Mahle in the first place then.... man

Thanks GM for screwing your customers to save a buck :damnit
I think Gm thought they were doing better with a lower compression ratio and added coating to the skirts,Seems like only a few stock ones have cracked as in now power adders for the joe blow that leaves it stock there great,Its when you start pushing over 550 rwhp over time that you have issues.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ouch! Sorry to hear that, I'm probably at 150 1/4 passes, numerous street races, dozen sled pulls, and I haven't even removed the head, hope my luck holds out a little longer! The best part is you were the one who finished her off though, it really really would suck to hear that someone else did that do your own truck.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ouch! Sorry to hear that, I'm probably at 150 1/4 passes, numerous street races, dozen sled pulls, and I haven't even removed the head, hope my luck holds out a little longer! The best part is you were the one who finished her off though, it really really would suck to hear that someone else did that do your own truck.

It had alot of abuse this is old blew up on 6/1/08 was running again on 7/27/08,I had alot of the little blue bottle on it 100+ 1/4 pass's most in the high to mid 12's,and alot of street racing.What type of times are you running with your truck makes it nice being yours is light weight.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Darn new forum, dates are all screwed up! Yeah I think it's only 6900lbs, what type of weight does yours come in at?

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right around 7140 with just the spare removed.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Hot dang, thanks for all the pics, hope nobody is on the old dial up still LOL:thumbsup

Reactions: ripmf666
1 - 20 of 24 Posts