The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cummins Tower
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 06 lbz with 68000 miles on it is there any helpful things to know or watch out for?

·
Registered
9 Posts
leaking tranny lines are a known problem, but that is an easy fix. LBZ is a great motor. No injector issues such as the lb7 and i havent seen a common issue of headgasket problems like the lb7 and llys have. Post up some pics and congrats on the new truck

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
leaking tranny lines are a known problem, but that is an easy fix. LBZ is a great motor. No injector issues such as the lb7 and i havent seen a common issue of headgasket problems like the lb7 and llys have. Post up some pics and congrats on the new truck
Early 06's with the lly and early LBZ(trucks built in 05 and up to i think march) use the weaker designed gaskets, my truck had problems with this, and i have seen quite a few other 06's on other sites that have had this problem

they are an awesome truck, the engine is quiet, powerful, smooth, torquey and has fewer emissions than the 07.5+ NBS trucks

if you run too much injection timing with too much fuel you can drive cylinder pressures and temps through the roof and pistons can crack, but if you keep things pretty tame your should be good:guitar

the 6-speed is really nice too, good luck with the new rig and :nopics

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Congrats on the new truck :happymugs

·
8 Posts
Not sure how common it is, but both power steering lines leaked on mine. Not bad, but they seeped and made them messy. You'll love the truck!

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
You need to watch out for people trying to buy it from you.

·
Cummins Tower
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah but everythings for sale for the right priceLOL

·
8 Posts
Cliff, if it is a 4 wheel drive, you'll want to pull the transfer case and install one of the pump upgrade kits to prevent the pump rub issue. These fail at random mileage from as low as 50K to some making it over 100K. The problem with watching for the failure, is that if you're on a trip you can push all your oil out and waste your transfer case before you realize you have an issue.

·
Cummins Tower
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i'm gunna get one for it. i put one my 02 and it was easy to do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts