The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my boss got himself a new duramax and has been talkin crap to me sense day one of getting it. Sense That day I said I was more than willing to run him. He always said not until I get a chip and you can't run your propane. So we bet lunch on it and off to a nice strait piece of highway out by some farms. I am happy to say that we raced three times (both trucks spooled in in 4 wheel high) and I handed him his *** all three times. One of the times we ran the truck in stock mode too just to see how they would be outta the box. In every case I was about two full trucks ahead of him. Next week were gonna race with our boats on back for $hits and grins (both boats about 9,000 lbs. Anyway, I'm feelin pretty good!

·
164 Posts
In stock form I woulda thought he'd get ya. It's always nice to whip up on your boss :woot:

Btw somethin' about your truck......I really like the stance. I'm not much for short beds, but yours is lookin good :Thumbup:

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cajuncummins said:
niiice, how's the pane feelin? never noticed you had it before, have you been somewhere to dyno it?
I love it and it actually helps little bit on mpg. But lets be honest, mpg isn't why I have it :) lol. it did 461/876 to the ground on Friday at aplace caleed finish line sports. I wanted to see what it was prior to getting the exhaust done next week.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sandaholic said:
In stock form I woulda thought he'd get ya. It's always nice to whip up on your boss :woot:

Btw somethin' about your truck......I really like the stance. I'm not much for short beds, but yours is lookin good :Thumbup:
Thank ya sir!
That's what I was thinking too, but I drove his truck after it was all said and done and that LMM didn't spool as quickly as mine did. I think that was the big difference in all stages. I'm not dissin the dmax at all as after driving it, it sure is a nice truck, but the power was delivered way quicker on my 6.7

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, and after beating the boss, I am thankful I still have a job as he hates losing and is a huge Chevy guy! lol

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Nice kill! I always like to hear about a Chebby getting killed:Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
ordinarykid said:
'Cause it's such a rarity. :pointlaugh :stirthepot: :bolt
And oh yea, Nice Kill!
:rolleyes: :LAME: :Wedgie:

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your right, i'll take any win. Especially against my boss! LOL. Well, assuming he doesn't can me! haha

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
lol what do you do that you can piss around at work with your boss and not be costing someone money?? lol

·
Formerly NATTYGASMECH
633 Posts
Mlhaynes8302 said:
Nice kill! I always like to hear about a Chebby getting killed:Thumbup:
FERD guy. You would. :popcorn: :givemebeer Seriously though, Ford vs Chevy old!!!!! Nice kill.:Thumbup: Long time Chevy guy here driving Dodge for the engine.:RTFM: Owned all of 'em. :damnit So there!!! Still nice kill.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BriteWhiteRam said:
lol what do you do that you can piss around at work with your boss and not be costing someone money?? lol
LOL. I'm in the Oil & gas business and as you can tell by the crappy gas prices, business is good. LOL

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
ahhhh one of THOSE guys... makes sence then, haha
make them chevy guys tighten their lil bowties...

·
1,705 Posts
Nice kill! Want to race an old LB7 D-Max :sly: LOL

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
01duramax6spd said:
Nice kill! Want to race an old LB7 D-Max :sly: LOL
You bet I would love to. Looks like our dyno numbers are similar. Yesterday I did 486/1011 in the thin air of Denver, CO (5280 ft). Would be a good race!

·
1,705 Posts
My #'s are from GAM in Greeley so we should be close. I'll have a lift pump in a few days hopefully and should be over 500. I'll be in Denver/Ft.Collins next weekend if all goes as planned. Be a good race for both of us :woot: .

Eazydeezy said:
You bet I would love to. Looks like our dyno numbers are similar. Yesterday I did 486/1011 in the thin air of Denver, CO (5280 ft). Would be a good race!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts