The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey evryone,

was going to install a pyro guage and boost guage on my buddies 07 old style
deisel, and there used to be some pics on here on where to drill the manifolds etc, but cannot find them and the shortcut i had made doesn't work, anyone
here help me out with finding them?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
..thought I had some pics of when I installed mine..no luck...anyway..did some searching and finally found my source...

Here's the link

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=892&highlight=hoot+method

Hopefully, the Mods will allow links to another website..? This is in fact excellent info and likely applicable to all of our diesels..not just GM's. :D

Nods to Hoot.!
Cheers,

Stk

·
1,409 Posts
Sorry I took so long to reply.

boost_plumbing.jpg

I'm not sure if you can tap into the W/G actuator line on the lbz?? I "borrowed" the high temp pvc fittings from a friend.

pyro_location1.jpg

This is on the passenger side manifold. When you drill and tap it keep the engine running and go slow. It won't get hot if it has been sitting for awhile. Wear glasses 'cuz the metal shavings will be blown in your face! When you run the tap in be careful not to go all the way in, you would like the pyro probe to be in the middle of the exhaust flow. It would be a good idea to test fit as you work the tap. I used the gold anti-seize stuff on the threads. If you have any questions PM me and I'll send you my phone #. The cable was run on the top of the firewall and then fed through by the pedals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts