The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Ford f550
Came to me with no start issue.
Replaced ICP and Injector#4 Repaired ICP wiring. Cleaned map port and installed new hose. Cleaned and installed new EBPV installed new map sensor. R&R fuel pump assembly
Now the truck starts
However it has a dead petal and very slow acceleration. I mean slooow. Max speed I have been able to get is 55 and that's pushing it in tow haul mode.
My readings

Fuel pressure. 50-60 under load 54at ilde
Turbo pressure 19.8 under load
ICP 585 at start up climbing to 5200 under load
Ect within range
Unhooked exhaust post cat does not have cat internals
Egr vavle functions as it should
CAC hoses are good
FICM 48v- 13.5 48v
Fresh oil change
New fuel filters
Everything I test is within range
Problem is has plenty of power until you put it in gear it's like it has a dead petal. Will not torque break at all. From a stop it will take a good 20 25 second to get up in RPMs like something is holding it back. And the max speed I can get it 55 down hill. For the love of god someone help me

·
1,262 Posts
How did you "verify that the EGR valve functions as it should"?
What does this mean: "FICM 48v- 13.5 48v "?
Leak check the intake and exhaust (even though CAC hoses are good, maybe the CAC itself is leaking).

What damaged the ICP wiring? Usually it is the 03-04 model years that have the ICP wiring issues.
What scan tool do you have (looking for codes)?
Did you install new OEM parts (MAP and EBP sensors), or aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use an aultel scanner the only code I have is #7 glow plug circuit. Replace parts are motorcraft. ICP harness had multiple rub thrus from the sensor to the FICM.
FICM fused 13.5
FICM mod 48v
FICM voltage 13

·
1,262 Posts
If you haven't already, inspect the VGT solenoid electrical connector and the wiring very closely.

Any smoke when it is put in gear and when accelerating and trying to get power?
Do you have a spare FICM to try?

Verify that all temperatures read the same after an overnight "cooldown" on the engine (at least 12 hours of sitting): EOT, ECT, TFT, IAT1, IAT2

Verify that EBP, MAP, and Baro all read the same at KOEO.

What is injector pulse width at idle and then in gear?

·
1,262 Posts
To me it looks like IAT1 is off a bit. It is a fair amount higher than the rest, but only you can determine if it was close to ambient temperature a the exact time that you took the readings. The fluid temperatures can vary a little from the air temperature readings simply because those sensors are in a bath of liquid in which temperature changes will occur more slowly. Still - IAT2 is closer to the liquid temperatures than IAT1.

Also, the EBP sensor was off by more than I would like. I don't like to see more than 0.5 psi difference. Since you state it is a new OEM EBP sensor, I'm not sure what to recommend there - except it is a little off based on the other two sensors.

Did you clean the EBP tube also? I use a thick weed whacker string.

Try running with the EGR (sorry for the typo of posting "EGT" earlier instead of EGR), EBP, and ICP all unplugged.

You may have more wiring problems (which is why I asked about the cause of the ICP harness chafing). My experience is that that particular wire doesn't chafe on the 04.5 and up year models without help.

I didn't see a response to these:
  • If you haven't already, inspect the VGT solenoid electrical connector and the wiring very closely.
  • Any smoke when it is put in gear and when accelerating and trying to get power?
  • Do you have a spare FICM to try?
  • How did you "verify that the EGR valve functions as it should"?
  • Leak check the intake and exhaust (even though CAC hoses are good, maybe the CAC itself is leaking).
IMO your issue is going to be one of four things:
More wiring issues
EGR valve
VGT solenoid connector or wiring
V-reference issue (which is basically going to be from a wiring issue)

Post the v-reference voltage: KOEO, cold idle, hot idle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the EBP out and use compressed air blew the tube out and also sprayed the sensor and tube cleaned out the sut that was there. I'm getting an intermittent injector 4 low circuit. It will be there sometime when I do a KOER and sometimes it won't show. The only code that stays is glow plug 7circuit.

·
1,262 Posts
From earlier post:

Try running with the EGR (sorry for the typo of posting "EGT" earlier instead of EGR), EBP, and ICP all unplugged.

You may have more wiring problems (which is why I asked about the cause of the ICP harness chafing). My experience is that that particular wire doesn't chafe on the 04.5 and up year models without help.

I didn't see a response to these:
  • If you haven't already, inspect the VGT solenoid electrical connector and the wiring very closely.
  • Do you have a spare FICM to try?
  • How did you "verify that the EGR valve functions as it should"?
  • Leak check the intake and exhaust (even though CAC hoses are good, maybe the CAC itself is leaking).
IMO your issue is going to be one of four things:
More wiring issues
EGR valve
VGT solenoid connector or wiring
V-reference issue (which is basically going to be from a wiring issue)

Post the v-reference voltage: KOEO, cold idle, hot idle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No leak from the smoke test on the CAC. New egr installed there is a difference in sound when unplugging the VGT. I do not have a spare FICM to try the IPR had a burnt spot where it looked the be rubbing fix that

·
1,262 Posts
The 5 volt circuit: ie reference voltage

·
1,262 Posts
It would be good for you to have a (known good) FICM for testing purposes. Highly recommend buying one.

Since that FICM is original, it would be good to have it sent in for upgrade (and repair if needed), FICMRepair,com and CircuitBoardMedics are the two places I would recommend.

I still am interested in knowing how you verified EGR function. Even though it is new, it might not be working. Are you watching EGR desired and EGR actual to verify its operation?

Also (again), if you haven't done so already, I would try disconnecting ICP, EGR, EBP to see if it changes the performance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts