The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FORD For Off Road Driving
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a friend of mine has an '07 GMC "classic" LBZ that we installed an Edge w/ Attitude in about a year ago. Well, its throwing three codes now and I can't figure out whats causing it.

P0562 "Low System Voltage"

U or V1041 "Check manual"

P0403 "EGR Solenoid"

Can you offer any more info about these codes? Thanks guys! BTW, we cleared them once and they came back about a day later. Nothing has been touched under the hood in a while so I don't understand the "low syst voltage" either..

Muddin :shrug:

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
Muddin said:
Hey guys, a friend of mine has an '07 GMC "classic" LBZ that we installed an Edge w/ Attitude in about a year ago. Well, its throwing three codes now and I can't figure out whats causing it.

P0562 "Low System Voltage"

U or V1041 "Check manual"

P0403 "EGR Solenoid"

Can you offer any more info about these codes? Thanks guys! BTW, we cleared them once and they came back about a day later. Nothing has been touched under the hood in a while so I don't understand the "low syst voltage" either..

Muddin :shrug:
and what happened when you removed the edge and cleared the codes?

·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, nothing really happend when we cleared the codes. The truck is running fine right now with these codes showing. We cleared the codes in the evening and the next morning when the truck was driven all of the codes popped up again. Probably, going to have to take it to the "stealership" to get it checked out since we can't figure it out. :damnit

Muddin

·
3,939 Posts
I think what KB is asking is did you remove the Edge box and see if the codes came back. That would make a difference.

EGR solenoid could be from the Edge programming. Low sys voltage...dunno...did you guys accidentally leave something on overnight?

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
I have known a few guys in my area that have had problems with the edge boxes on the Dmaxes. I dunno what it is but alot of them end up with funny codes. Personally Id check all your connections, do like Tom said and makre sure you didnt leave some electrical circuit on overnight, and AVOID the dealership. IF its just a matter of taking the edge out and the codes go away, what more do you need to know?

·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I understand the idea of removing the edge to eliminate it as a problem if thats the case. I will try that tomorrow. Only problem is I don't have a code reader, but no big deal I can have em read at the local parts store for free. I just did not think the Edge would cause these codes but I guess anything is possible.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Muddin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.