The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 3500 which is seldom used. Sits for a month or so at a time. Now all of a sudden tranny won't shift into 5 or 6. Worked for about 20 miles fine then just quit shifting. Never has pulled anything. Tranny appears to be in limp mode all of sudden. No codes appear on Bulldog programmer. Can shift solenoids just stick from sitting. All that has been done recently is I changed thermostat as it had poor heat. We are in a cold climate. Any ideas? Appears electrical to me.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
The 68RFE will not shift into Overdrive until the trans temp is above 100*. You have a tuner, what tune? Did you try returning it to stock and driving it? What was the trans temp while driving? Other than the Bully Dog what is done to the truck? Also what are your driving habits? Loud pedal engaged or grandpa mode? Did you check trans fluid? Also the rocker switch on your shifter, you did not hit that and it display 4th in your shift selector?

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got back to Dodge. Tranny issues started after turning a corner. Batteries have a 8-10 A drain. Is there rub spots on wiring harness that are common. faults. Removing tune did not make any change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Test drove a few 6.7s. I hate the 68 rfe and the wonky shifting manners. Ive tested stock and deleted ones and they shifted pretty much the same way, bogs down to 6th gear around 30 mph or so. I think they can relearn someones driving pattern but im unsure. I know they make a tuner to aid/correct it, so thats an option.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts