The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my ac has been taking time to cool but here in so text it's 100+ degrees so kind of normal. Well no it seems my ac blows cold for a little while then warm for a couple minutes then cold and so on. Here lately it's been taking forever to blow cold... I checked my clutch gap readjusted it and still have this problem. Help please

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
freon is good, i replaced my magnet that pulls clutch in and worked for about 2 days then went back to blowing cold then ambiant then warm. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was done to fix it please help.

·
410 Posts
Haven't had that problem but could be pressure or temp switch faulty which regulates the compressor cycling. Does the compressor stay engaged when the air starts blowing warmer?

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the compressor doesn't stay engaged

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I replaced relay and found fuse burnt...ac worked fine for about a week then went out again checked all fuses switched relay and still get no cold air..please any help

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checking it with light...but it lights up at both ends of fuse add fire relay I can't check it but I swapped relay with other and still nothing

·
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Air is blowing just not cold...clutch is not engaged I hit it and still nothing

·
5 Posts
Dispite being there myself I reccomend against smaking it around :nunu:
Do you have the txv type system or the orafice tube system. Txv looks like a block with a little "hat" on top and it will have a reciever dryer. An orafice tube system will have an accumulator.

If you get 12v to chassis ground at the compressor connector and the compressor doesn't come on you have a bad clutch. If the clutch isn't engageing and you've replaced the clutch (i think you said you did) then the ecm is not activating it. Usually because of low freon. You say your freon is fully charged though. The only real way to know is to pump it all out and weigh it with an ac machine, buuuut the next best thing is to check the static pressure with a guage (or a scan tool if the system has a pressure sensor rather than a cutoff switch), the reading should be ~70psi at 70 degrees F and ~110psi at 100F. It's not very exact. static pressure is measured when ac has been off for at least 20 min in an orafice tube system and doesn't really work on txv systems.

There should be a few sensors/switches in your ac system. If any one of these is not letting current through or gives a bad reading the ecm doesn't engage the clutch. Check the ohm reading of the sensors/switches. If you don't have a multimeter then use your test light, a jumper wire, and a 9v battery to test continuity at least. A wiring diagram will tell you which switches should let current flow or not.

What high and low side pressures are you getting when the clutch does come on? The problem with ac work is the ac recovery equipment is expensive. If you have an electrical problem you can probably fix it without recovering the system. otherwise you need access to an ac machine to do the work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts