The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we all know the tailgate off the '08 will fit our trucks but what about the front clip? I have thought about this and I even looked at one this weekend but I was unable to get the hood open to find out much. Anyway, has anyone studied this in depth? What would it take to install an '08 clip onto say my '04?

Scott

·
1,240 Posts
I think the front end is boxed more and the mounts might be different, Besides, you'd need a new hood, take the plastic off your bumper and put the plastic step on, get the lights, new fenders, and a new hood lock. I'd think it would be kinda expensive to have done, even if you do all the work. I'll look on my dads and see what is different and what is the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Theres a guy here in Texas that does them for about 3500 w/o paint. Price includes parts and labor. There is some minor cutting but everything else bolts up fine. I see lots in Houston.

·
You can call me French
623 Posts
There is a new Diesel mag out this month, I don't remember witch one, but they took a '99 and converted it to an '08+ truck. It looks pretty sweet!

-French

·
Registered
5 Posts
08 clip

Is the conversion the cover story? Please post the name of the mag if you see it again I would love to purchase it as a reference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts