The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crewchief-16
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an offer on a 08 6.4. It's a beautiful truck just hope it does not turn out to be a pain in the a*%.
Has 102,000 mi
If I get it plan on doing all the deletes and a tunner

Any one have any advice?
Thanks

·
164 Posts
i have the same model and JOB, no real issues and tuned for aprox 40K miles.

·
53 Posts
Have a job 1 also, only problem has been a new radiator. Seems like all of the '08 6.4's have rad issues, not just the job 1's

Buy it, delete it and love it!

Tim

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
I have a job one and no real problems other than the upper radiator hose. The radiator itself was changed under warranty. But like said, deleting these trucks makes a world of difference.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
It's too bad the miles are that high because you cant buy the extended warranty.
Mine's been in the shop quite a bit. Don't know if previous owner abused it, but I bought it with 40K on it and it's dropped an injector, lost a injector harness and lost a low pressure fuel pump. The last one wasn't covered by warranty and cost me $850.
I think the 6.4L is a high-rev diesel that works good in the 250/350 with 3.73 rears, but my 550 with 4.88's doesn't make for a very good match. It's either screaming or lugging. Tranny doesn't work well with engine. Only average compared to other trucks I've owned towing a load, too. Even 10K farm implements seem to cause the truck to rev much higher than it needs to. Would love to be able to say "tows a load and it felt like nothing was back there", but it isn't so. Would be a much better truck with a Cummins or Duramamx under the hood. I just use it for farm and construction work, so my opinion is pretty much useless around here since racing, speed & off roading is king here.
Anyhow, good luck. Hope it's a good one. I hear the new Ford diesel is a vast improvement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts