The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on them now to make them retro-functional. Will keep you posted how that turns out.

They are not cheap though! A very nice feature though when parking.

My goals:

Allow to power fold and retract when ignition is turned off automatically
Allow either function manually on demand.

At this time I am leaning towards using extrenal multi function remote switch (that can be mounted on the steering wheel) to control those functions including the Heat if a truck not equiped originally.

Thoughts? Idea?

·
242 Posts
dfuser said:
Working on them now to make them retro-functional. Will keep you posted how that turns out.

They are not cheap though! A very nice feature though when parking.

My goals:

Allow to power fold and retract when ignition is turned off automatically
Allow either function manually on demand.

At this time I am leaning towards using extrenal multi function remote switch (that can be mounted on the steering wheel) to control those functions including the Heat if a truck not equiped originally.

Thoughts? Idea?
sounds excellent to me but i heard the a few prices already and dont think i need power for the prices....

·
996 Posts
Sounds like a good idea...but whay couldnt you get the switch on the 08s, and wire them up with power and a ground and splice it into the power fold mirrors?

·
2,612 Posts
that cool, let me know, im very interested

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

Switch from FORD is very unique and requires a specila 10 pin plug and its useless. I figured all the wires to make it extend and fold. Its pretty sweet.

It will need a relay system or a double polarity switch to achieve both functions.

·
2,612 Posts
cool thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts