The Diesel Garage banner

08 what do I have...

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BriteWhiteRam 
#1 ·
Ok, just sold my 05 which I had for 6 years, picked up a 08, dealer told me convertor was gone...so got the truck...has 4" exhaust all the way back, small round muffler, modded air box with K&N looking filter...not sure what I have here...no CEL on and runs good...no programmer ?? would ECM have to be tuned for this to work ? not sure if EGR was blocked, easy way to tell ? thanks for any help...Rob

#2 · (Edited)
sounds like the previous owner did a DPF delete, intake and exhaust. the codes were more than likely turned off with EFI Live. Its harder to tell if the egr is blocked if you can see a extra bit of metal between the egr but its not necessary since EFI Live can turn off the egr.

#4 ·
Id buy a tuned ecm and dsp5 just so you know what you have, but yeah its most likely flashed with some sort of tuning. Could always call the previous owner

#5 ·
I tried to contact owner, talked dealer I bought from, they bought it at a auction about a year ago, all work done, sold to last guy who kept for less than a year I'm now told....so no idea who the work was done for ? where can I get the ECM ? thanks Rob

#6 ·
duramaxtuner.com should be able to set you up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.