The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim Helms aka TOP FUEL 6 on the TDR, has recently purchased a 1/8th mile drag strip called the Jefferson Pageland Dragway which is located at 3167 Peach Orchard Rd Jefferson, SC 29718. The website is www.jeffersonpagelanddragway.com and Tim has done ALOT of renovations since he purchased the track. On Saturday August 13th we will be having an 1/8th mile shoot out. Gates will open at 9 AM, practice runs and tech go till 2 PM, eliminations start shortly after and the finals will run under the lights. The will be a Pro Street class and we would love to see if the same trucks still come out on top. We will also have a street class. We have been in contact with Dave Dunbar and he will bring his dyno if we can get at least 20 vehicles to sign up. Their will be CASH payout in BOTH classes IT WILL BE WORTH COMING. Please post here or call Scott for any info at 508 660 7093 or you can email him at [email protected] Thanks! As of now, the Garmon trucks will be there, as well as TS Performance. Anybody else interested in an 1/8th mile shootout?

Ted

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Sweet! ill try to make it...How far is that from Birmingham, or rather what part of SC is the track located?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Diesel Fume Inhaler
173 Posts
I'll show, probably not to race, but would like to meet some fellow diesel junkies and throw the truck on the rollers again. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, as long as we can gurantee 20 trucks, David has said he would bring the dyno up. Look foward to seeing you there.

·
Diesel Fume Inhaler
173 Posts
I'm trying to talk my friend (Mallory) into bringing his truck up also. Might have a third gen on the rollers also. Will give you an update when I'm positive. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Tell Mallory to quit whining and agree :poke:

Speaking of 3rd gen trucks, what happened with the cat who came to Jesup with you??

·
Diesel Fume Inhaler
173 Posts
That is the 3rd gen guy, Luke. He bought a edge juice with attitude for his truck, and it runs good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ted, I was @ Pageland last week and your right, Tim HAS done a-lot of work on their "newly acquired facility ". I made a couple pass's just play'n round (no other trucks that night) and the track was hook'n pretty good. Looking foward to seeing you guy's there!! Ed.
P.S. We are hoping that Rockingham on July 16th will be a big help in promoting the Pageland race!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet, the more the merrier. Still trying to get sponsors to cough up some money, so we don't have any payouts to list yet, but should have soon.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Posting this for Tim:

come join some of the fastest trucks on the east coast fight for the cash and the trophy, Pro street $ 3000 to win, Street eliminator $1000 to win, 1st 2nd and 3rd place dyno awards, top 8 4.70 door slammers there also, many vendors, great food and fun, hotels near by

Keep up with www.Jeffersonpagelanddragway.com

or contact Tim Helms @ 704 634 2897

lets get the word out and make this big

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I should be there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Campin At The Strip

I Just Joined Tdg And Read Your Post About Jefferson Pageland Drag Strip. I'm In Apex,nc Not Too Far From You And Would Like To Attend Your Event. Is There Any Campgrounds Near The Strip That I Can Camp At?? Would Like To Make It A Week End Of Fun. I Just Recently Converted My 85 Dodge D-350 Gasser Crew Cab To A 91 12 Valve. So I Would Like To Get Tips And Info About The 1st Gen's

·
Registered
156 Posts
augie dog,we have a pretty decent meet a few times a year in jacksonville n.c.i will post info on the next event when it comes around

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is a little information from Tim concerning camping and hotels:

you can camp on drag site premises if you want for free, no power or water hookups though, i'll post the web site link here for hotels, hope to see everyone soon down south,

http://www.visitmonroenc.org/lodging.html

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 33 Posts