The Diesel Garage banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guy's, the weather is looking good!!............mostly sunny .....might be rather warm though....high 95!! See ya' there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It pretty much a definate that work is going to interfere with me making this race :( but before you all breath a sigh of relief, the truck will still be there, just with a mystery driver :evil: and some new work done since the last race also :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Thanks for letting me drive Ted........LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Oops. This event is THIS weekend. Doesn't time fly as we get older?

Timmy are you bringing the Dodge?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'm actually not gonna be able to make this one. I am having company in from out of town this weekend..........Cant get out of it....they are nasty people anyway

·
2,184 Posts
Timbeaux38 said:
I'm actually not gonna be able to make this one. I am having company in from out of town this weekend..........Cant get out of it....they are nasty people anyway
Yeah I know what you mean...I gotta go visit this guy this weekend...Not looking forward to it at all..The guy just never stops talking :blah: :blah:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
DavidTD said:
Andy, are you going?
Doesn't look like it.

I have a guy pretty serious about buying the car and if I get a deposit Friday its getting parked until I get a bank check.

I actually hope he doesn't buy it because I'm going to jack the price up $2K to what I paid for it new and sit because there will be no 06 Passat diesels and we all know where the price of fuel is.

Sorry. I do want to go though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, its almost 3 am......
I was gonna leave at 5 pm, but I decided to change my water pump. Actually, I had to get a ride from work home, find a pump at a distrubtor, put one truck back together so i could go get parts, go back to work, put it on in the parking lot with a little LED flashlite, and then drive home, and here i am. And the gates open in like 6 hours, and its 500 or so miles away. maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Who ran what?

·
DPM Mobile Dyno
508 Posts
We just got home. Was about 4 hours from my door to the track.

Tim did a great job hosting us diesel guys, unfortunately not many Pro Streeters were here to play. A total of 4 racers including Tim (track owner).

But the temps and action were hot.

1st qualifying rounds had Tim and Buck facing each other. Tim smoked Bucks lights but Tim ran a 7 second pass before popping his new turbo.

Jeff and Darren faced off with Jeff hoping his new chassis adjustments would finally get him down the track straight. They worked. Jeff pulled a 1.72 60 foot, and ran a 7.24 @ 97 but Darren had enough to hold him off even with a soft launch which netted a 6.88 and a new best of 104.5 mph. :bow:

1st round put Buck against Jeff. By now we have the afternoon heat cutting HP and hurting track conditions. Jeff spun hard off the line and Buck's 4wd spun but less getting the holeshot. Not enough track for Jeff to run him down and Buck takes the win.

Final round had Darren and Buck facing off. Buck gets the advantage off the tree (Buck was on it all day from what I saw :Thumbup: ) and Darren spun hard all four tires. But once they hooked, Darren was off and wins with an impressive 6.69 @ 102+ mph. :Thumbup:

In the street class, BillyRam was representing the Garmon team and made it to the 4th round, but went red :pissed: putting an end to his day. But Billy was quickest of the bunch running 8.60's all day with a best of 8.59 on the red light run. :Thumbup:

We had a good time. We need to plan on heading to Pageland/Jefferson again just with more trucks next time.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts