The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing spectacular but I just rolled over 100,000 miles yesterday while pulling my 15,000 pound fiver. Today the truck pulls just like it did yesterday. It's as strong as it ever was. Only replaced one radiator and one egr on this engine. I'm on my second set of Goodyears but need another set soon. Oil replaced every 5000 miles fuel filters every 10,000 miles. Replaced air filter at 50,000 miles and again today. One windshield replaced along the way. Original manual transmission, clutch, and brakes.

Had oil sampled by Blackstone along the way. Engine always shows higher than normal wear metals, probably because it's always hooked up to the fiver, and it usually has 2-4 % fuel in the oil.

·
1,324 Posts
Nothing spectacular but I just rolled over 100,000 miles yesterday while pulling my 15,000 pound fiver. Today the truck pulls just like it did yesterday. It's as strong as it ever was. Only replaced one radiator and one egr on this engine. I'm on my second set of Goodyears but need another set soon. Oil replaced every 5000 miles fuel filters every 10,000 miles. Replaced air filter at 50,000 miles and again today. One windshield replaced along the way. Original manual transmission, clutch, and brakes.

Had oil sampled by Blackstone along the way. Engine always shows higher than normal wear metals, probably because it's always hooked up to the fiver, and it usually has 2-4 % fuel in the oil.
What Goodyears do you run? I want to get better tires next year and really like the silent armors. Either that or Michelins.

·
606 Posts
Always feels good when that number shows up. Keep up the maintenance schedule, and you should see plenty more. Congrats

·
606 Posts
What Goodyears do you run? I want to get better tires next year and really like the silent armors. Either that or Michelins.
I always get good mileage from the Michelins, 80,000+

Reactions: neeltburn

·
1,324 Posts
I always get good mileage from the Michelins, 80,000+
Pyro,

Which model/ tread type? I hear the crew cab like mine eat tires but figure if some is towing a lot with good tire performance they should be good for a heavy truck. Falken's are pretty bad 1st owner put them on and they are going next chance I get. Terrible tread for snow and be lucky to get 40k out of them.

·
780 Posts
I just turned 70,000 miles on Friday and still lovin my truck original brakes also but going to need them in about five thousand miles truck is great! I do a lot of towing. I have a lawn business.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Pyro,

Which model/ tread type? I hear the crew cab like mine eat tires but figure if some is towing a lot with good tire performance they should be good for a heavy truck. Falken's are pretty bad 1st owner put them on and they are going next chance I get. Terrible tread for snow and be lucky to get 40k out of them.
Michelin LTX AT/2s here going on 35K and still have 3/4 to maybe a 1/2 tread life left. I don't think you can do wrong with them, unless you want to offroad it daily. My LTX AT/2 have seen more mud than I would expect them to handle and they did alright for a non-agressive all Teriann.

Reactions: Weld engineer

·
606 Posts
Michelin LTX AT/2s here going on 35K and still have 3/4 to maybe a 1/2 tread life left. I don't think you can do wrong with them, unless you want to offroad it daily. My LTX AT/2 have seen more mud than I would expect them to handle and they did alright for a non-agressive all Teriann.
Those are the one's. Good in snow and ice. A always run the max air, 80lbs. I think that might be the key.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been running the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S which came on the truck. They have held up pretty well when towin yet still have food traction in snow and rain. I will replace this set with the same ones sometime before he snow starts flying.

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Dang, I know I won't get 100k out of my clutch. Shoot, I hope to not get near 100k for a looong time. Just hit 50k on my '94 Bronco, and only have 60k on my '02. Don't like how I have 37k already on my '08.

Adrianspeeder

·
606 Posts
Hunter,

Just turned over 100,000 today. On vacation pulling my 5ver, turned it over pulling into the park. 36,000 mile tuned.

·
606 Posts
Hey pyro how long have u been tuned? Any problems and are you happy with it?
36,000 miles and very happy, Without all the fuel in the crankcase, the motor is also very happy.

Reactions: GUTTS

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hunter,

Just turned over 100,000 today. On vacation pulling my 5ver, turned it over pulling into the park. 36,000 mile tuned.
Pyro-
It's kinda fun watching that milestone come up isn't it.

:happymugs

Here's to many more trouble free miles on our trucks.

Hunter40

·
49 Posts
Dang, I know I won't get 100k out of my clutch. Shoot, I hope to not get near 100k for a looong time. Just hit 50k on my '94 Bronco, and only have 60k on my '02. Don't like how I have 37k already on my '08.

Adrianspeeder

Guess you won't hit 100k on your 08. from the looks of your signature you have a full time job keeping up with all the vehicles.....and uncle sugars....

Thanks for serving!!!because of you we can enjoy the freedom of speech on this website.

Chris

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Guess you won't hit 100k on your 08. from the looks of your signature you have a full time job keeping up with all the vehicles.....and uncle sugars....

Thanks for serving!!!because of you we can enjoy the freedom of speech on this website.

Chris
Yer welcome. Two full and a half time jobs for sure. I gotta cut down, but just don't want to, and would love to come across a gen one lightning, or a buick grand national...

Adrianspeeder

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I'd doubt my 550 will make it to 100K without losing the motor. I just got another CEL yesterday. Back to the dealer it goes. No idea what will happen when warranty expires.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts