The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a pump with 110 octane fuel...what would that do in my CR250? i run high grade now.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
i could tell a diff in mine from 99 to 110 and i didnt have my high compression piston yet. you wont hurt it.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was it a huge differance? its 5.99 a gallon.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
$5.99:eek: In that case no IMO. What is the highest you can get out of the pump?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that was out of the pump in MI. I havnt looked here in DE for any higher octane fuel.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
oic i thought you had to go to a track to get it. pick up 2 or 3 gallons see what you think

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im trying to find a pump in DE that dispenses 110 octane. I might try some. I was just making sure it wont melt my motor or anything.:thumbsup

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
You will be fine the higher octane will run cooler but it burns hotter. Another friend ran it through his banshee at a 50:1 ratio

·
123 Posts
Unless you have porting, increased timing and compression, or some really lean jetting. Running 110 won't do anything for you, other than smell nice out the pipe. Might actually make the bike run slower. I run avgas in my sleds, for me it is alot cheaper and easy to get

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think at 5.99 a gallon for 110 ill just stick with high grade.:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts