The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,077 Posts
Pull the intake off the pass. Side and the valve cover is right there. Pull the degas bottle and some other cooling ***** off the other side and the valve cover is there. A 6.4 is a dream compared to a 6 leaker I've bin told.

·
2,126 Posts
So it's actually pretty easy?

·
1,077 Posts
Not easy but not impossible. If you have good mechanical inclination you can do it but expect your truck to be down for a couple days.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Well I wouldnt say easy, but be careful because these injectors have a specific torque rating. If its not enough it will leak fuel, if its to much it will leak fuel. You have to be right on the money.

·
139 Posts
also you need to replace all high pressure fuel lines you loosen, theyre one time use, you need a special tool to unplug the injectors

·
499 Posts
Where did you get the injectors from, and how much are they!! thanks

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
from a unbiased source I heard that the 110 injector's actually slowed someones truck down! I believe the factory injectors still have a lot left in them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
When we released the 110 injectors the guys who bought them were putting down over 500 rwhp. The injectors made trucks that had the SCT extreme run like a truck does now with a 250/275 tune. Now with more aggressive tuning they are not beneficial because the rail pressure falls off and the truck does make less power. To fix this situation requires a higher output high pressure fuel pump. When you combine the two (pump/injectors) then you need more air. At our altitude the injectors and pump are more than our tow-power compounds can handle. So larger chargers or nitrous are required to take advantage. Elite now offers an upgraded high pressure pump for sale.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Details on the pump?!

·
Registered
639 Posts
When we released the 110 injectors the guys who bought them were putting down over 500 rwhp. The injectors made trucks that had the SCT extreme run like a truck does now with a 250/275 tune. Now with more aggressive tuning they are not beneficial because the rail pressure falls off and the truck does make less power. To fix this situation requires a higher output high pressure fuel pump. When you combine the two (pump/injectors) then you need more air. At our altitude the injectors and pump are more than our tow-power compounds can handle. So larger chargers or nitrous are required to take advantage. Elite now offers an upgraded high pressure pump for sale.
What are you doing with the lift pump?

Is it able to keep up with demand, I hear from an outside source that the stock lift pump is the weak link before the stock HPFP

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
What are you doing with the lift pump?

Is it able to keep up with demand, I hear from an outside source that the stock lift pump is the weak link before the stock HPFP
If your going to put a modded pump in there and spend the coin you might as well get a fass or a airdog if nothing more than for piece of mind. :thumbsup

·
Registered
639 Posts
If your going to put a modded pump in there and spend the coin you might as well get a fass or a airdog if nothing more than for piece of mind. :thumbsup
You think so huh....well currently theres no FASS....the Airdog is a bullsh1t deal that goes inline between the tank and the STOCK crap pump....and honestly I could care less about havig a bunch of cool named stuff on my truck that I can list in my sig.

Airdog is working on, and about to release a new unit that is like the 150/180 setup that does replace the stock unit..that should be good.

If everyone just bought "kits" and items "off the shelf" what do you think would happen.....wheres the innovation/fun at in doing that.

However...on the other end...yes the Raptor/Fass/Airdog stuff is proven, and it has been proven that things like Holey blues..etc are bandaids that sometimes last a month, sometimes years.

Anyhow, I dont care to get into a pissing match over what pump...I simply asked what ELITE was planning to do about delivery of fuel to the hpfp cause I was told that the HP pump can do more if it could get more fuel to it.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
You think so huh....well currently theres no FASS....the Airdog is a bullsh1t deal that goes inline between the tank and the STOCK crap pump....and honestly I could care less about havig a bunch of cool named stuff on my truck that I can list in my sig.

Airdog is working on, and about to release a new unit that is like the 150/180 setup that does replace the stock unit..that should be good.

If everyone just bought "kits" and items "off the shelf" what do you think would happen.....wheres the innovation/fun at in doing that.

However...on the other end...yes the Raptor/Fass/Airdog stuff is proven, and it has been proven that things like Holey blues..etc are bandaids that sometimes last a month, sometimes years.

Anyhow, I dont care to get into a pissing match over what pump...I simply asked what ELITE was planning to do about delivery of fuel to the hpfp cause I was told that the HP pump can do more if it could get more fuel to it.

What about what I said wasnt saying your gonna need more fuel to the pump to keep up with demand, not starting a pissing match what do I care what you do to your truck. I was just making a Suggestion if some one was to purchase the modded pump. Guy you always seem to be the one starting pissing matchs so dont go barking up my tree.

Back on topic: If you have a pump that flows more fuel at a faster rate of flow then why not upgrade the lift pump to a fass or a airdog (both in the works for a complete replacment) that no doubt flows more fuel and at a higher pressure than the stock lift pump is capable of, I dont see the arguement here. Thats like adding a 12" lift and keeping the stock tires, sure its half way done great. :thumbsup

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think you tried to make my post out to be more than it was.

Elite said they were going to be selling modded HPFPs...I asked...what are you doing about the lift pump...that was the end of my question...I did not try to make suggestions on what to do, what not to do..etc..I ASKED what were they doing.

I was not trying to teach, I was trying to learn.

·
499 Posts
So you can install injectors without taking the cab off!!:thumbsup

·
1,077 Posts
Yes.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
are they worth it in the long run?
With a upgraded HPFP and Lift pump as well as a dpf delete tune such as Spartans or Erics yes. Otherwise you would just have a smokey truck that made a little more power with higher egts and be out of pocket a good chunk of change.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts