The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at posibly puting a 5.9 in my 04 and loosing the 6.0 besides the obvious like electrical and type of injection pump whitch one should I do the 12 valve or the 24 valve it will have a six speed manual and will be a DD also.
so what do you all think please give me reasoning

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can a mod make this a poll sorry :damnit

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
12v gets my vote. Im acutally looking for one to stick in my 94 F250.

·
1,709 Posts
I'd go with the 12v.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I say P-Pump a 24 valve and go all out! :rock

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told today that a 24 valve head will bolt on to a 12 valve block is this true if so I think I just made up my mind

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
12v all the way!

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
12valve

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
I was told today that a 24 valve head will bolt on to a 12 valve block is this true if so I think I just made up my mind
it will. though you will need different injectors and lines. the 12v head is more than worthy of anything you want to do with it.

Garrett

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
besides the obvious like electricals and type of injection pump. so what do you all think please give me reasoning
but why

·
2,821 Posts
I like the 12V as it is all mechanical. This is the same reason I liked my old VW Jetta Diesels. Straight forward with minimal electronics involved. Chris

·
1,649 Posts
12v foshooo, i love mine in my superduty....yes u can put a 24v head on the 12v but it wont run worth a shat cause the 12v pistons have offset combustion cambers, u would need the pistons too, its easyr to just p-pump and 24v engine....also one thing to take into consideration though..is if it were ever to have to pass emissions you would be screwed cause conversion laws state that the engine needs to be of the same yr or newer than the truck its going in....if/when that happens to me ill change it to and 05 common rail till then im rockin the 12v

1 - 16 of 16 Posts