The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, bikes been running good. went to ride, got halfway down the driveway and it died. I forgot to turn the fuel valve on, so i turned it on, and now i cant get it to start. I put the bike on its side and fuel pours out the fuel tube out the bottom. bike still wont start. has spark, i took the carb off and cleaned it. still nothing. any ideas? Im still kinda new to 2 strokes. Thanks

·
1,567 Posts
Pull plug and see if is it wet or dry?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was wet. I orded a new float kit for it....im thinking thats the problem? if thats not the problem then it will have a new float and everything anyways i guess.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went out today after the bike had been sitting about a week, kicked it a few times and it stutered so i kept kicking it....finally fired and laid down about a 2ft by 4ft glaze of oil on the ground from the exhaust, ran it about half throttle and once it cleared up it was business as usuall. :thumbsup

·
Tow Mater
194 Posts
what ratio are you mixing your fuel? i mix 45-50:1... if problem occurs again maybe a fouled plug

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TBO i dont remember what im running. I think one quart to 5 gallons...its been awhile since ive mixed it, i dont ride much..But ive ridin it since i got it started and she runs good. Maybe she was having a bad day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts