The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys this guy i work with has an 88 ford bronco....and i suckered him into hookin up bumper to bumber with me and my 93 cummins.....i had no weight in the bed and we were in 2wd on wet pavement......we started and he pulled me backwards....both side were spinning on my truck and only one side was spinning on his......what did i do wrong did i not have enough weight.....i have more then enough power and torque...he definally had enough weight in the back i know for a fact that i should of pulled him all round that parking lot....let me know what i did wrong

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
You didn't lose because of HP or TQ, you lost because he has more weight over the rear wheels. He might of had a better tire for pavement traction than you.

·
1,130 Posts
That's why pulls like that prove nothing. Actually not true... It proves who has the better traction.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Yep, chassis to chassis is a test of traction as much as anything :shrug:

Throw a pallet of quikcrete in the bed of yours and rechallenge him :evil:

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
SmokNcumminz said:
alright guys this guy i work with has an 88 ford bronco....and i suckered him into hookin up bumper to bumber with me and my 93 cummins.....i had no weight in the bed and we were in 2wd on wet pavement......we started and he pulled me backwards....both side were spinning on my truck and only one side was spinning on his......what did i do wrong did i not have enough weight.....i have more then enough power and torque...he definally had enough weight in the back i know for a fact that i should of pulled him all round that parking lot....let me know what i did wrong
I give you props for admitting you got beat in a pull-off by a gas Ford Bronco with one wheel drive!:Thumbup:

Takes more of a man to admit he lost more than when he won. :agreed:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea thanks guys for the support....i make pvc pipe and i wanna throw a create of 6in schedule 80 on the bed and then see what he can do....and also i slipped my clutch and now that just gives me more reason to go buy a new 400+ clutch

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
why didnt you pull in 4x4??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didn't pull in 4x4 cause i have bad u joints in the front i just bought this truck 2 months ago and i need a lil time and money before i can go rippin into things plus its a lil chilly out right now

i need to get all the u joints changed before the first local truck pull though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts