The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gettin' some more stuff for the rat rod build 12v92 dual turbo dual blower '39 fargo 3 ton . we have a IH cabover that might donate the frame but we will see

Attachments

·
3,533 Posts
It will be a very interesting unit, are you hoping to get it to road ready, and do you think it will be legal?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
that will be very Very cool man. Keep us updated on the build for sure

·
864 Posts
This motor is rediculous huge, I like it.:p That truck is sick to, the perfect match, def like to see it together

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Id like to take a ride in it when your done... Looks awesome man, LOTS OF PHOTOS!!! :thumbsup

·
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:peeloutMy son thinks it needs to be roadable (i think we would say out of BC with it)
My thoughts are haul it to to local truck /car shows and watch peopls reactions
My plan is to win the burnout contest at http://www.highriders.ca/ since I gotta haul my sons short course offroad race truck http://www.wheel2wheel.ca/ there anyway (B.W.R. when we get it done rides can be arranged):peelout

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
Defiantely got some style with that truck!

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Am I understanding this correctly, twin turbo AND twin blower???!!!!!:read

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Awesome!! Post lots of pics. I love the old DDs!

woodsman, the old DD had to have superchargers and turbos. They used a lot of them, too!

·
TDG capo dei capi
228 Posts
Very interesting project,
couple of my thoughts,. 12v92,s are a pain to keep together with no leaks and to keep in tune with the 4 heads,. the smaller cube 71's are dead nuts reliable,.basically 2 671's ,..
Front axle weight will be phenomenal ,
what are you planning for a driveline behind the motor?
How long has that motor been open to the elements like it is? with the high mount turbo,s all the water will be heading downwards etc,..waterjackets will getting pretty furry,.
goodluck with this, you'll need deep pockets thats for sure,..

Nick

·
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much of the cool factor do you think we will loose if we put a cam IV 400 cummins in it :fan

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
A lot if you lose the twin superchargers and turbos.... LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,189 Posts
You might have made a mistake posting all of this, longhood. Now we absolutely expect you to follow through. And we are going to be on you til its done. Absolutely awesome.
Same reason I havent made a thread about my Ford 6.6 swap. Want to make sure it's all gonna happen first.

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Same reason I havent made a thread about my Ford 6.6 swap. Want to make sure it's all gonna happen first.
Now that you've mentioned it though,:nopics

·
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Up date I have a few feelers out to find some cheap injectors etc to convert the 12V92 back to mechanical (it is Ddec but a lot of electronic stuff is missing ) we will try to make room for the engine in the shop when the race truck is ready for this season .:beer

·
23 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. I love the sound and smell of a screamin' detroit in the morning. Well actually I do all the time.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
you have to change case covers and heads to get away from ddec...... i would find a 12-71 and drop it in.

and Woodsman the 2 stroke diesels need a positive displacement blower to acheve scavaging at idle and before the turbos build boost.... if not the exhaust would linger in the combustion chamber and snuff out the flame.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts