The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I ran a 13.99 at 76mph with my elite tranny, 345 tune, and traction bars. What the he11 happened is my question. My 1/8mile said 8.6 @79mph. So as I progressed I slowed down while my foot was still buried?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a hunch it's rail pressure. Sure doesn't feel like defueling, had plenty of that with the old tranny and 275 tune. And I'm running mikes 345. Probably gonna data log some boosted 4wd launches tonight

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
275 for now. Probably gonna get the 350 when I get the money

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
I would be interested to see if the 275 tune can maintain rail pressure. Did you get any codes? I know you don't have any special parts on your truck....so its odd that your not maintaining rail pressure. The fact that you lost speed is pretty crazy.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
what would cause the rail pressure to drop so much?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
what would cause the rail pressure to drop so much?
I would think a tune issue since he hasn't done any fuel system mods.....but it could also be the low pressure fuel pump not keeping up. The only thing is, I believe there are people out there running our 350 tune and Mike's 345 tune with the stock low pressure fuel pump and not having any issues.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the 275 and old tranny did the same thing to me a couple monthes back. only the tranny defueled while running down the quarter mile. i ran a 14.5 that night... with my 1/8 mile speed higher then the 1/4 mile speed. didnt get any codes off those runs. but if it matters any running the KEM 310 i can goose the pedal a little and the high fuel rail pressure alarm goes off at over 28500psi.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
hmm... so can you get by with just using the raptor for LP on these or gotta go with airdog?

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ok.. but the LP on 6.4s is just a low pressure feeding IP correct? so the AD1 would work as well eliminating the stocker..?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes that's correct Jeff. And strokin the airdog I would work to eliminating the stock lp. If I ran some data logs could you take a look at them Jeff?

Reactions: 6L strokin

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Yes that's correct Jeff. And strokin the airdog I would work to eliminating the stock lp. If I ran some data logs could you take a look at them Jeff?
Yes, you can shoot them my way.

The original Air Dog for the 6.4 does not eliminate the stock low pressure pump. It is a piggy back pump for it that goes inline between the tank and the stock pump. The Air Dog 2 eliminates the stock pump.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
oh... what PSI the stock LP spec?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oops, i meant to say the airdog II works to eliminate the stock lp. I believe the original airdog just helps the stock pump out?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
oh... what PSI the stock LP spec?
I am not 100% sure. Under 10 I know. I think it's between 3 and 5 psi of fuel pressure. The Air Dog II DF-165 is adjustable from 3-30 psi.

oops, i meant to say the airdog II works to eliminate the stock lp. I believe the original airdog just helps the stock pump out?
Yes, the original is just a helper pump.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i know a few dmax and cummins guys using a raptor as a helper for stock pumps or to help feed the inj pump... seems like that should be fine and save couple hundred just for that... if i got an AD id do like on my 6.0 and eliminate all the stock stuff..!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts