The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if the 150tune can be custom tuned to delete the EGR. I want to get a good feel for the truck before starting to pull with the 210 or more. Matt or Nuttty could you chime in.

I've got the delete plates and dont want to have to pull them out EVER again.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
yes, they can, i remember one instance where some guy got a stock-no regen, and other tunes...all had egr turned off

·
2,183 Posts
take your truck in for warranty, set it back to stock tuning, the plates WILL have to be removed. Just remember that.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too worried. The top end is beefed up now. Just dont want to pull the trailer with a fat tune. And dont want to have to pull the plates when Im done with the trailer. Easier this way.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I was wondering if the 150tune can be custom tuned to delete the EGR. I want to get a good feel for the truck before starting to pull with the 210 or more. Matt or Nuttty could you chime in.

I've got the delete plates and dont want to have to pull them out EVER again.
Just curious, how bad were they to install?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not here yet. Ordered on friday. Mine tuesday.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
So these plates just block the gas from getting into the egr cooler????

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep

·
176 Posts
As stated above Matt and Scott can turn it off if the customer wants it off. I pull with the 210 tune and it runs great. You'll love pulling with the 210 tune.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep I will take photo's and do a quick write up.

Reactions: Super08Duty

·
191 Posts
I asked matt about this last summer and didnt want to do it, he didnt say he wouldnt but it wasnt recommended. something about the cylinder temps with the lower tunes, that they needed the egr for a better burn i think.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
Anyone know if Eric disables the EGR on his Xtreme Race tune????

·
780 Posts
this may be a dumb question but I'm not educated in the newer diesels if spartan is turning off the egr then why would you need the plates for block off?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
to isolate the coolers from exsessive heat and possible failure. Not necissary. Just procautionary.

Reactions: GUTTS

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
And if the coolers do fail then your not screwed on the side of the road/track, if im correct?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts