The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a set of 155's in my truck right now that I’m going to sell. I'm going to some much larger ones and I don't need these. I traded a charger to a friend who modified theses. These injectors started out in different truck from different years before they were modified, but they are all working and everything is fine. They have stock nozzles so they are pretty low smoke. I put them in my truck about two months ago and have put almost 5,000 miles on them since. So, buy with confidence.

Anyone in the DFW area that wants them, I'm happy to meet them somewhere so they can hear them and what not. I'm not taking them out of my truck until someone pays for them and more than likely, it will be the weekend after they are paid for (don’t have time during the week right now).

I’m asking
$1250 with no cores
$1000 with Good Working Cores Back

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
so a good set of injectors are only worth $250 to ya?

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cores are a headache. Who sends their injectors first, who holds the money, when are they shipped, do they actually work, etc.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
sounds a little pricey... theyre used injectors... dont know year/miles... not done by a 6.0 injector builder....stock nozzles? need a little clarity...

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets touch on the miles comment.

We see people in here complaining that they have injectors going out at 50k and I know others that are around 280+k and still running stock injectors. So, how much does mileage really matter if they are running and working properly?

If mileage matters to you, then yes, I have no clue. So, don’t buy them.

Stock Nozzles?

What was the question here? Stock nozzles will flow 155cc without any problem. Too often people put oversized nozzles on these injectors. All that is really doing is making them smoke more and reduces their efficiency. Realize that my client builds injectors all the time. I know what it takes to get the job done; I just didn’t have time for Andy to go through them.

As far as price, yeah it may be a little high. What is a set of running cores worth $400-$800. What do most companies charge to modify injectors to 155’s $1500-$1950. So, you are looking at $1900 to $2750 for someone to get this done outright. I’m asking $1200.

·
Too much into it now...
2,011 Posts
From what I know about Chad...if he says that a "Friend" modified it...then you wanna be friends with that friend too, cuz it's usually someone that is no stranger to the diesel world.:buddies
I have never had any issues with Chad not standing behind anything he has ever sold me....I wouldn't be scared to use them.:toytruck

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I know about Chad...if he says that a "Friend" modified it...then you wanna be friends with that friend too, cuz it's usually someone that is no stranger to the diesel world.:buddies
I have never had any issues with Chad not standing behind anything he has ever sold me....I wouldn't be scared to use them.:toytruck
Thanks.

Like I said in the first post, I put these in my truck and drove to AZ and back. Then turned around and went to Georgia and back. Since then, I have put on another 2,000 miles.

It isn't like these are brand new and I'm not sure if they are working or not. I have the miles on them to show they are working just fine. I am just building an engine right now and I need the cash.

Anyone in the DFW area that wants them or if you have a friend in the DFW area and you want them, meet me somewhere and hear them. Trucks idles fine runs fine. If you step on it, the power is there.

·
137 Posts
Only problem I have with Chad and his "friends" is that they take all my money...:bang LOL

·
864 Posts
how is towing with these

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, I haven't hooked up a trailer. 155's in general should be fine with or without a turbo upgrade. EGT's are basically the same as stock. As long as you have a tow file, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
wasnt trying to step on your toes just wanting to clarify! brand new set with warranty is like 1500... and im plannin on buying a set of 155s this summer before winter because i have a cold miss... not as bad since weathers getting better but def need to do something before winter!! good luck with the sale! maybe if you still have em here in couple weeks ill send some $$ your way..

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok, I have had a few PM's about the injectors and how they run. Below is a quick video. The initial start up was done today when it was 52 or 53 degrees. It rained all weekend and last night it got down into the high 40's low 50's. So, it isn't really a "cold start" but it is as cold as I'm going to be able to show you guys. I let the truck set for two days. I pushed her out of the garage today to shoot this. It normally smokes a little more on start up.

I'm running a pretty aggressive race file, which is one of the reasons it start with so much aggression. Out side of that, there is a clip of it idling (again, engine was cold) and then two accelerations. They were done after running a few errands, so the truck and running gear was warm. Note, the first acceleration was done around 1/2 throttle which is a little more than I do for normal driving. Second acceleration was done at wide open.

Sorry for the poor video quality. It was shot at 16x9 and has been converted to 4x3 by Youtube.​

Performance Modifications that are one the truck now are:

4” Magnaflow exhaust
Liberator Performance EGR Delete
CFM Big Mouth Intake Elbow
EDE ported Intake
EDE ported and polished heads
EDE Ported exhaust manifold
ARP Studs
Sun Coast Transmission
SCT tuner with aggressive custom race tunes (tuner not important at this time).
Trusted Performance Stage I, Stage II and Stage III Fuel System
Trusted Performance Oil / Fuel Filter Delete

As far as the turbo and intake, they are both stock. There are quite a bit of other modifications done to the truck, but these are the only ones that are relevant currently.

If anyone else has a question, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Thanks,
Chad

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
how is towing with these
Here is a post I made about one of the two times I have towed my camper (13.5K-14K) with my 155's & stock turbo so far..

Since then, I have towed my camper one other time in late March. The ambient temp was in the high 50's or low 60's at the time and my EGTs were right around 800° on flat ground....

BTW, I am running the stock turbo...

Hope that helps!

Reactions: International350

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sale Pending.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts