The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys do you think bill's (dfuser) 18k mod will work well with my truck with the mods in the sig?
also got a map sensor maximizer, and i'm moving my boost gauge to the intake heater plug hole.

please let me know what ya'll think?

thnx

·
6,337 Posts
Nope, it will more then likely just set a SES light all the time. Might give you a small boost at the bottom end, but hurt you at the top end.

·
2,509 Posts
if it was me I'd stay away from the 18k since you already have the dp tuner, but I think it has been done before

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joe i got the map maximizer it is supposed to prevent the SES light.

·
OBS
403 Posts
i think the 18k mod just boosts the ICP. your programmer does that already

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wwell will it hurt anything if i run it>? if i dont like it i can sell it to a buddy.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do i have to worry aboutmessing up my injectors or anything by running this?

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have it stacked with my ts chip and when i get into it the ses light always comes on and then it idles like ****. also i was having trouble with losing my throttle response. i am not sure if the mod is contributing to that but it only happens with the mod turned up.

·
6,337 Posts
HotSauce2138 said:
joe i got the map maximizer it is supposed to prevent the SES light.

Your Map Fooler ( I dont like them because its hard to run tests after you install them) will stop a SES from overboost, you will get a SES from Low ICP pressure... Its a waste of money...

·
168 Posts
i have an 18k mod on my '96, it will cause CEL to come on if you crank it too much. i found the right place to set it and it gives a little extra seat of the pants pickup on the bottom. no problems otherwise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts