The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a link or something on how to do the 18k mod??

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank ya!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So let me get this straight... I can have the 18k mod, x power mod and a superchip at the same time???

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blk99 said:
Ok, now you tell me what is the x-power mod?
On Dfuser's website the x power mod is a module they have to just play w/ the timing.. It says it compliments the 18k series..

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Ok, yeah, now I know what your talking about. Took me a minute.
I dont know to muck about that module, but I belive you can run all of them together because the x-power and the 18K work together and then the superchips is a downloader so they should all work together. Hopefully Dfuser will be back to "assure" you.

~Jim

ON EDIT: I got to thinking(bad idea LOL) you may not be able to run the x-power to its potetial because with the superchips you could easily "advance" it TOO much which would cause a miss and be harmful to the motor.

·
JUCK FEEP
367 Posts
I would be careful with all that timing adv. You may be pushing it to far...?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blk99 said:
I dont know to muck about that module, but I belive you can run all of them together because the x-power and the 18K work together and then the superchips is a downloader so they should all work together. Hopefully Dfuser will be back to "assure" you.

~Jim

ON EDIT: I got to thinking(bad idea LOL) you may not be able to run the x-power to its potetial because with the superchips you could easily "advance" it TOO much which would cause a miss and be harmful to the motor.
I emailed Dfuser bout an hour or two ago.. I will let u know what they say so u will know for future reference...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since we both have early '99s let me ask u do u blow alot of smoke on the 140 smoke?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
blk99 said:

~Jim

They just emailed me back and they said I could run all 3 at the same time!!!

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
Since we both have early '99s let me ask u do u blow alot of smoke on the 140 smoke?
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!

I have a vid of it but I am on my way out the door so when I get back I will find it and post it!

Glad to hear that you can run all three!

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Her you go.
They are not the best cause I was taking it easy because the trany is getting bad. Also they are a little long cause I was by myself so I had to run back to the player.
The second one has a "alternate" ending!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCvZta3Abl8

here is the other vid with alternate ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VFYibKIWqY

ON EDIT: I am gonna get a much, much better vid in the next couple days cause I am swapping tranys soon so I dont care if I burn it up!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
blk99 said:
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!

I have a vid of it but I am on my way out the door so when I get back I will find it and post it!

Glad to hear that you can run all three!
I asked them which one would make my truck lope more and they said neither one would affect my idle/lope at all!! Im confused... People are claiming that if you turn the 18k mod all the way up it almost kills the motor!! Someone is not telling the truth here...

I think i might just go w/ the F5 w/ 6 different tunes..

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Hmmm I have never heard that about the 18K but I really dont know much about it.

You will definatly love the DP chip with the F5 switch! You can get up to 16 positions! (well for a price!)
Also DP has a "lope idle" tune that supposedly is pretty good but I have heard some people say its not quite aggresive enough. so :shrug:
I am gonna try to get a vid tomorrow of a lot more smoke! Cause in those vids, once I let off the brake a have to let off a little cause my trany is so bad!
I have NEVER gone past 1/2 pedal on the 140hp setting and even that is enough to almost make me **** my pants!

Anyway I have made my rant so its up to you now!LOL

~Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts