The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have said truck that I just bought. IT has a new in frame with about 5k and a 13 speed eaton with about 5k on it as well. The rears are 2 years and 20k miles new, or rebuilt. Has a rebuilt power divider, recaps in the rear that are new. IT has the heavy duty front with the wide tires. It is a day cab and needs some cosmetics. IT needs new flex hose exhaust pipe, paint on the fenders and some cleaning for sure. The glass is all good and it drives good and goes down the road good. IT has air slide fifth wheel. What can I get for this truck if I paint the fenders clean the interior and it needs a radio and a few switches to be replaced. I will also paint the frame and replace any lights or parts that are broken or gone. I am looking for a realistic value that I can actually sell it for somewhat quickly. Any help, opinions or questions are welcomed.

·
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has a small cam cummins, the trans is a eaton 13 speed good for 1200 ft lbs, its not the original but it was purchased rebuilt and put in, the truck also has a wet kit for a belly dump, or whatver. Not sure on the wheelbase, it looks like a standard day cab with tandem rears and room for a 60" sleeper. ITs not real long or short, not sure though on wheelbase. It is in vernal utah and will be heading to Farmington NM this coming weekend. I would like to put a little work into it and sell it.

·
990 Posts
If it has an extended hood (127 inches bbc) it is quite a bit more collectible than the short hood 119 inches.

Check doors and cab roof for metal seperation. Torquing of engine twists frame rails and destroyes body panels.

·
Tribal
167 Posts
If it has an extended hood (127 inches bbc) it is quite a bit more collectible than the short hood 119 inches.

Check doors and cab roof for metal seperation. Torquing of engine twists frame rails and destroyes body panels.
How many Short Hoods do you see around? What would make it more collectible than a shorty? although a little more room to work around in the engine bay..:)
Ive been offered 15k quite a few times for mine and its not perfect,

·
248 Posts
In my area (eastern washington)$5000 to $10,000 depending on what time of year. That's being sold privately. Ive seen 379exhd's go for $1800 at auctions that were in the 90's. In this area it would most likely be bought to be made into a spud truck and the small cam would be detrimental in the price. A friend parted with a couple 94 t800 with stable drop axles for $7500 last fall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts