The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior diesel friend
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you know I have this big S enclosed trailer made of dry-van box-truck Morgan body. It is 24ft long, 8 ft tall and 8 ft wide (see pic #1). All my stuff fits there and also I put Kubota tractor + stump grinder. Like it but ... but some times I need to get some think small to get quick in and out. So I bought 14ft long by 6ft wide small equipment trailer. The length is OK. My grapple on tractor stick only 1.5ft out so it is OK by DOT. I like it it easy to manuver, light and it is only $800. The down side is:
no jack
no brakes
no paint
no lights
no floor
My plan is to put jack, fix brakes, strip used garage doors from floor, sand-blasted, paint, run wires and lights.
I'll take you through it if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Senior diesel friend
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jack Replacement

This trailer has no working jack. What ever is left on trailer is welded. I don't like this kind with handle on top, and I have in garage extra 7K jack with side crank. I need to lower "C" channel because it is small only 4".
I got on the beck of my yard some scrap 10" "C" channel. After extensive grinding, measuring and plasma cutting I got good part to weld it on. Some hole for jack was cut in upper "C" channel for jack to go through.
After all this plus some MIG-welding I got every think ready for light coating of primer.
To slide jack in the place I needed to lift front of the trailer almost 3 ft. Good this trailer is light so small car-jack did the trick.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts