The Diesel Garage banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
6 Posts
Oldnotslow,

I see you listed you have some manuals? I have some militarized versions of the original 3406B cat manuals in PDF I'd be glad to send ya; let me know if your interested. I'll be watching this thread as well. I've always messed around with those little brown motors, but 'Ive turned some wrenches on the 3406's and 3408's as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
'92 L9000 Truck and Pup 425 CAT 3406B, '92.5 Dodge 12 Valve W350-LE 5Spd 4x4, 2019 Husqvarna 701E
5 Posts
Oldnotslow,

I see you listed you have some manuals? I have some militarized versions of the original 3406B cat manuals in PDF I'd be glad to send ya; let me know if your interested. I'll be watching this thread as well. I've always messed around with those little brown motors, but 'Ive turned some wrenches on the 3406's and 3408's as well. Good luck.
I would REALLY it if you could get ahold of me. just got a '92 L9000 Tandem Transfer box,15 Spd. Road Ranger 425 3406B its like the JAKE is hanging on one cylinder at idle. would really like a look at your manual. (Apologies for jumping in on your thread ). Thanx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Short hood.

Re: rationale of out-of-frame vs. in-frame. I would like go ahead and do as much as I can now instead of doing a little now and more later, if needed. There's also the "knowing my truck" aspect which you mentioned - peace of mind and confidence. Is an out-of-frame necessary? Probably not.

Re: Cab air bags. Gonna shell out for a great seat first and go from there. Will keep it in mind though. Thanks.

Re: CARB and other emission regs. Kentucky is home, and if I don't do CA, that's ok. Also, DPF retrofit kits are available for later, if needed. Cross that bridge when it writes me a ticket I guess.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Industrial injection in SLC ut are great parts and full tilt manifolds nice kits
Just because it was mentioned in one post I thought I would respond about the retro-fit DPF. I researched and priced one for my 3406B. For one that is actually CARB legal I could upgrade to an electronic engine and be money ahead
**** carb not kidding they are joke

21 - 27 of 27 Posts